Day 104 Australia, Alice Springs, chill out day!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Alice Springs
February 27th 2015
Published: February 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi Bloggers and Followers,



Today we had a free day in Alice Springs. So we obviously had a lie in. There were 3 other people in the room last night but they all left on 5am tours, so we had the room to ourselves finally 😉 we re-packed our bags, hung everything up because most of it was damp and we put on a big load of washing in the machines at the hostel ($4).



About 10am we wondered into town, there are so many aboriginal arts and crafts shops, I want to buy everything! We didn’t (but maybe tomorrow), we picked up a cinema timetable sheet as we may go to see Fifty Shades of Grey tomorrow. On the way back we stopped off at the huge Woolworths supermarket to get lunch, tea and tomorrow’s lunch for £12.50 each, and this is gourmet food as well!! Neil brought himself a new activity band, its half the price here compared to the UK!!!



When we got back we cooked lunch: Neil had a chicken sandwich and I had salad and bread. We sat with Christian and Emil who are also still at the hostel for the day. We all went in the hostel pool in the afternoon for chatting and swimming.



Later in the afternoon we went online and uploaded photos. We ate tea with Cristian, Emil and Graydon, we had Jamie Oliver’s meatballs with garlic bread-they were amazing. The boys cooked pasta and mince and vegetable sauce. They had loads left over so they gave it to us so we can make another meal out of it tomorrow night.



Later on in the evening we went into the boys room to watch the end of the Brit awards on TV, we finally got to see Madonna falling off stage, which is all we have been reading on FB atm.



That’s all for our chilled day!!



Oh yeah Neil tried cutting his hair today and just look at the photos to see what happened!!! He looks like a thumb!! LOL





Love V&N X


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb