Litchfield National Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Northern Territory » Darwin » City of Darwin
November 8th 2006
Published: November 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Cathedral termite moundThe Cathedral termite moundThe Cathedral termite mound

I dread to think how many creepy crawlies live in this thing!
Today we went to two waterfalls at Litchfield National Park. On the way we stopped to look at some termite mounds. (Why? I hear you cry!!) well because they were absolutely enormous and a good few hundred years old. There were two types- the Cathedral and the magnetic (not literally magnetic!). You can see how big the cathedral one is with me standing next to it. So anyway, after that we stopped at Florence falls which was beautiful. Some peoplewent for a swim, I just sat on the rocks and dipped my feet in. The next stop was Wangi falls which was spectacular, there were two waterfalls there and it was so hot I gave in and went for a nice refreshing swim.

It was our last day on tour so we got a free afternoon when we got back. We went to our hostel which was really nice. It had a big swimming pool and plenty of sunbathing beds around it. Our room was a quad share. We met two girls in our room. Esther was from Holland and spoke really good English. Me and Kate got on with her really well. And then another English girl called Lauren. It was bunk beds again and I really struggled getting onto the top one as there was no ladder! But the room was good with an ensuite toilet and shower and we also had a TV (not that we watched it!), fridge, wardrobe and desk. Very good value for money. We also had all the guys from the manhunt modelling event staying there so the eye candy was great!!!

That night we met up with the rest of the guys from the tour and had dinner out at a place called the Hog's Breath! It was nice and I had a caesar salad wrap and hog fries! Very nice. I also had a lovely strawberry and mangoe daiquari cocktail. We went to an irish bar called Shenanigans for a drink afterwards then headed back for a good nights sleep. We were very excited at the prospect of a lie in as we have had so many early mornings on tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



13th November 2006

Tan
Hey Beccy, was really great getting a txt from you his morning. Just writing to comment on your tan! You both look like you've had plenty of time in the sun! School is very stressful at the moment what with christmas coming up-but hey at least I can look forward to your blog updates (sad I know). Wish you were here or I was there so we could go out!
14th November 2006

What does hog taste like
Well you sound like you are eating really exciting things. I have been on a detox so am very jealous! I have eaten only vegetables, some fruit, rice and rice cakes and drunk herbal teas and flax oil - bla!. Happy travelling Beccy.
26th November 2006

Hi
Hey Beccy just writing to say hi. Hope it is still going ok and that you are having lots of fun. Can you beleive it's only 4 weeks to christmas. I'm so excited! Speak to you soon, miss ya loads.

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb