Week 16- Carlingford- Cattai National Park- Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
December 5th 2014
Published: December 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The week started with a nice rest after a busy weekend at Chili Blue! Alex and I slept like babies haha was weird not having noise all night long. Robin came home from LA today which was a bit of a surprise. We went for a coffee in the shopping centre nearby and had catch up. Then we came back, had lunch and Alex and I started a puzzle haha such geeks! In the evening Lyne made us a roast dinner which was so nice! Then we had another early night. The next day I got up and went for a run, it was tough the hill near their house is huge! After lunch Alex, Robin and I went to the new shopping centre, McQuarie- it's massive! We went round a few shops then went tithe cinema and watched Nightcrawler, it was a strange film! Then we went for dinner at healthy burger before shopping a bit more and heading home. The next morning I organised some stuff for when Nikki arrives and then Alex and I went shopping- she bought a selfie stick!! Then we packed for camping and waited for Shane to pick us up. Then we headed to Cattai national Park for our camping trip- we were very excited! On the way into the park we saw loads of kangaroos jumping around- Alex was mega excited because she hadn't see one before! Then We parked up and I put the tent up- Shane helped a little haha Duke of Edinburgh has paid off! Then Alex and I made dinner, chicken salad wraps, while Shane went and picked up Heather. Then we had some drinks and looked at the stars... There were loads! We had a relatively early night.
The next morning we woke up about 9... The tent was boiling! When I stepped outside there was a big, male Kangaroo about 5m from our tent, he didn't bother us though. We had breakfast and Alex and I played frisbee and bat n ball for a bit- it was a hot sunny day! We decided to move the tent location so we could be near a fire pit that evening. Once we had moved 'house' we all played grip ball and frisbee. Then we went for a swim in the river nearby before having lunch. After lunch we chilled in the sun and went to get some more snacks from a shop nearby. Then we went on a kangaroo hunt and saw so many!!! We even saw a mum with a Joey in her pouch! After we had dinner and watched the sunset, it was really pretty. Then we got a campfire going and had toasted marshmallows. We had some drinks and played card games.
The next morning was boiling when we woke up, we had a leisurely breakfast before packing up. Then we drove a scenic route back and got on Wisemans ferry across a river. It was nice to see more of the scenery. Then we had lunch looking out across a lake which was pretty but a storm started to roll in so we decided to start the drive back. In the evening we went for a family dinner with Robin, Shane, Trevor, Lyne, John, Heather, Alex, Chris and I. Alex and I ate a lot- Trevor was amazed haha I finally got my birthday present from my mum that Trevor bought over! The next day was nice so I spent lots of it updating my journal and sunbathing! Then I went on Lyne's exercise bike and used some of her gym stuff. Then Trevor dropped us to Sydney and Chili blue! We had a catch up and a few drinks with everyone from the hostel! The next day we went to sunbathe in a nearby park wih Emma, Katherine, Josh and Alex's friend Matthew! Then in the evening we played goon pong and went to World Bar! It was a good night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.297s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb