Day 77


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
May 30th 2010
Published: June 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

6-45 am start, thanks to the Weekend Warriors, it seems it is now mandatory for everyone within a 10 km radius to need to be awake just because they are. At least 6 supposed adults and all their kids, all yelling to be heard over each other, along with an orchestra of banging and clanging pots and breakfast dishes. Finally at 9-15 they left, not managing to be able to use the perfectly good access road provided, but instead opting to leave via the soaked grassed area and tearing that up in the process. Is there any wonder why councils remove affordable camping areas trying to force EVERYONE into overpriced caravan parks just to sleep? If the few idiots like these pulled their heads in, Australia in general would be a lot cheaper and a more user friendly place to enjoy.

Having nearly a week to kill before we are due to catch up with friends near the Gold Coast, we simply stayed in camp in Woodenbong. Having been forced to commission a new laptop reasonably recently, I
spent a large portion of the day organising files and performing back ups etc Some sunshine would be nice, haven't seen a temperature reading above 13 and it feels like a really cold 13 at that. By 6 pm it had got utterly freezing, so decided an evening of watching DVD's was the way to go.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb