Seal Rocks


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
February 11th 2006
Published: February 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The beachThe beachThe beach

Beware of the rip
We made an early start (5.30pm) and got a good run through Sydney, had breakfast on the way (Heatherbrae) and arrived at Treachery Camp, Seal Rocks at 10am. As we were the first of the Beach Lodge group to arrive we checked in and deposited our bags in the beach lodge common room. We then looked for the campers and found Eric and Susan. Eric had set up a large tarp, barbeque, tables and chairs. Basically we had two groups staying at Treachery Camp, 19 at the Beach Lodge (nowhere near the beach) and about another 30 who were camping.

After the other Beach Lodge residents arrived we were allocated a cabin and then got ready for the beach. The beach was a bit of a trek from the camping ground, we had to climb a sand dune and walk over sand hills, this took about 10 minutes. The walk was worth it though, the surf was very refreshing however a bit dangerous due to a rip.

After walking back to camp I had a great lunch (Adobo, rice, veges and a sausage) and read a book I found in the common room. During the afternoon we got a
Big sand duneBig sand duneBig sand dune

Ready for a climb
visit from a few goannas, one of them ate a bowl of fat drained from the barbeque. Had a bit of a snooze and relaxed until dinner.

Dinner was great, Chook got a good fire going and then set up a grill. The girls wrapped two huge seasoned pieces of beef in alfoil and put them on the grill, after a few hours the beef was purrrfect. To complement the beef there was marinated chicken, salad, prawns and octupus. Washed it down with a few cold VB's and a glass of red. Spent the rest of the evening around the camp fire enjoying a few more beers. Showing a lot of self restraint I had only one shooter - a Zambucca.

Next day I got up around 8am and headed for breakfast - bacon and eggs, fried rice and egg plant. After breakfast I took a walk around the camp, over the sand hills and had a look at the surf. It was quite good, about shoulder to head hgh, off-shore and pretty good shape. I then helped with the clean up and it was time to go.

It was a great weekend and I look forward to doing it all again next year.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Juz, Sez and JoJuz, Sez and Jo
Juz, Sez and Jo

I feel like a swim
LunchLunch
Lunch

The birthday boy is on the right hand side with a beer
Mr GoannaMr Goanna
Mr Goanna

A real scavenger
Dinner - Main CourseDinner - Main Course
Dinner - Main Course

Beef on an open grill
Common RoomCommon Room
Common Room

For the use of the Beach Lodge guests


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb