Sydney to Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
March 8th 2009
Published: March 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, sorry it has been a while again!

Well, the east coast of Australia was brilliant. We had some amazing experiences aswell as lots and lots of partying.

After we left Sydney we stopped over briefly in a few small places, namely Newcastle, Port Macquarie & Coffs Harbour, which were all small beachy towns and were all very pleasant. The highlight in Coffs Harbour was ‘the big banana’ which is basically huge banana with a whole tourist park around it devoted to bananas! Very strange! Then we headed to Byron Bay which was lovely. Byron is quite a laid back hippie sort of place and we spent five days there chilling out on the beautiful beach and going to the bars of a night. One day we hired a body board and had a laugh trying to surf the waves until Hayley nearly lost her bikini bottoms with a huge wave, then it was time to give up!

Next we headed to Surfers Paradise for a few days which was like a mini Miami with a huge beach and lots of high rise buildings, very different to Byron Bay. Surfers Paradise has lots of big theme parks, we visited Dream World for the day but James’ fear of heights got the better of him and we mainly went on some very tame rides!

Next stop was Brisbane. Brisbane was a nice city but not much to do for tourists, we done all the sights in one day and spent the next day chilling out. The city has nice parks and even a man made beach.

After Brisbane we went to Noosa for a few days. Noosa was a really lovely place. We did a 3 day canoeing trip here which was brilliant. We stayed 2 nights in a bush camp and the third night camping near a lake. The canoeing was very hard work and we ached for a few days afterwards! The first night our group played drinking games which involved downing glasses of goon (slang for cheap wine in Australia!) so we weren’t very enthusiastic about our 3kms canoeing ahead of us the next day. After canoeing we walked to a beach, on the way we saw a huge group of kangaroos grazing by the side of the road and were able to get up very close to them which was cool. The next day was canoeing across a lake and we stopped off a rope swing where all the boys climbed up and jumped into the water.

Our next leg up the east coast which was just as good, we’ve put this part into separate entries as there is too much to write about!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb