Christmas and New Years Eve in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
January 29th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone, sorry it has been a while again.

After leaving Western Austrlia we flew across to Sydney to spend Christmas and New Years eve there with James' family. We stayed in a beautiful house right on the water in a suburb called Avalon. Christmas was very different to any Christmas we have had at home. Christmas Dinner was a bbq outside and it was a lovely hot day! Definately a good way to spend Christmas! It was lovely to see all the family again after 3 months away and having them there did make it feel like Christmas.

We spent most of the two weeks visiting the northern beaches of Sydney which were beautiful and had days out into Sydney, Taronga Zoo and visited the Blue Mountains.

Our New Years Eve was definately one of the best - we went to a restaurant overlooking the Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House and had a perfect view of the fireworks at midnight which were amazing. The atmosphere on the streets was brilliant.

After an emotional goodbye to James' family and sadly leaving the luxury of the house behind we headed into central Sydney for 3 nights
Whos a pretty boy?Whos a pretty boy?Whos a pretty boy?

The parrots that visited everday for their breakfast
before leaving to travel up the coast. It was a shock to go back to hostels after staying in the house in Avalon, especially as we were staying in the Kings Cross area of Sydney which, late at night, was an experience in itself! We spent the 3 nights in Sydney partying and seeing the sights during the days (sometimes feeling a bit worse for wear) and visited bondi beach. Then we headed off by coach up the east coast for our next leg of our trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



4th February 2009

...G'd Day M8s...
OH WOW U GUYS HAD SO MUCH FUN IN DA SUN!!! I SO WISH I WAS THERE!!!............... OH WAIT I WAS!!! miiss u 2!!! c ya soon!!! (hopefully) P.S. DONT GET EATED BY EVIL KOLAS!!!! one of their bits can kill u!!!!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0308s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb