Week 3-Moruya to Sydney(20-27 April)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
April 27th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


It has been a busy week with the focus on Canberra and Anzac day.The drive up to Canberra was a steep one and put the Landrover to the test-chugging at 40kph at times.However we made it and stayed 4 nights in a park 10 kms out.We did a lot of walking -visiting the Parliament,Aust. War Memorial & Museum.The second day we left the torch relay behind and went to Gundegai to see " the dog on the tucker box".On Anzac day we attended the 10am service at which Kevin Rudd gave the address.It was very stirring with huge numbers attending and a march past which took an hour.In the afternoon we toured the national museum before returning to the War Memorial museum.We still had time to see the Brumbies play the Lions at Canberra Stadium in the evening.On Sat. we drove via Bowral(to see the Bradman museum) into Sydney to a caravan park at Lane Cove just 30 min. bus ride from the city.The journey in was nerve wracking to say the least but we made it without a wrong turn thanks to the navigator.Tomorrow we go into the city and hope to spend the evening with the Orrs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb