Yamba...hello sunshine x


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Yamba
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So our next stop was Yamba! We headed off early morning again and got there for afternoon and arrived to sunshine yay!!!! We stayed in a cute resort with little lodges, we shared with Kerry and Dave and opposite our room was a huge hot tub, so yup as you can imagine brad was first in with me not far behind! We made a little, well maybe not so little friend too...a huge lizard!! I had to check with owner if it was harmful but apparently not and was part of the resort, they fed it and it was more scared if us than us of it....not so sure of that but we went with it! Kerry, Dave, Margaret and Keith went for a walk when we got there and me and brad chilled at the resort. Once back we all got ready and headed out for dinner to a bar/restaurant. It was a fun nights they had a local band on there and Margaret and Keith got up and gave us a few dances! In fact I think if I remember rightly we ended up leaving them there enjoying themselves lol and us 4 went home, with me and Kerry getting a tad lost haha. It was an eventful first night with a couple sore heads the next day but we all got up and eventually all of us got down to the beach for the day. It was a gorgeous beach and we all set up for the day and me and brad headed to a cafe and got sandwiches for lunch. We had a great day, it was pretty chilled but nice to be back on a beach again in the sunshine!! Us girls were all feeling a tad pink so headed back to the resort a bit before the boys leaving them playing in the sea lol. And I think we did he right thing because we were all a little bit pink, I think our first bit of sunshine got us all a bit too excited!!

We went for dinner that night to a little place Kerry Dave Margaret and Keith had been to the day before for a drink, it was a little restaurant by a campsite overlooking the river. It was pretty quirky inside with funky lights and lampshades and we were all really looking forward to some nice fresh sea food for dinner. Our starters were quite nice with no one really complaint but then mains came. Me, Kerry, Margaret and Brad all ordered mussels but they were definitely not the best we've ever seen. In fact we couldn't really eat them, they were like rubber and for some reason everything was served with rice lol so we did t really eat unfortunately. But other than that we did actually have a really nice evening. As I said we were opposite a campsite too and I've never seen campervans like it they were like temporary homes! They were massive some tents had separate rooms lol!

We walked back along the river and some fireworks went off and I think we all burst out laughing. Someone was obviously trying but I think 1 went off and to disappeared within seconds definitely didn't know what they were doing lol. It was a fun night though, can't really say we had one night that want enjoyable so far though! We only had 2 nights in Yamba and the next day were setting off to Broadbeach where we were going to celebrate Kerry's birthday :-)

Love B&K xxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb