Old Bar...a touch of home xxx


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Old Bar
March 6th 2014
Published: March 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Old Bar was stop number two and I loved it!! Our apartment was amazing, overlooking the beach and ocean it was the perfect way to wake up each morning looking out over the ocean!! We left Hunter valley fairly early so got there by the afternoon. We unpacked the cars and the 'parents' headed to the supermarket and stocked up on food and drink. Our first day there was boiling, we all had a nice lunch on our balcony and then headed down to the garden below to chill out as well as Kerry and Brad having a little game of netball lol. It was so beautiful on the beach I decided to go for a walk, a perfect afternoon really!! Me and brad then had a swim In the pool and then both headed back to the beach for another walk, it was beautiful at sunset we just felt like it was something from TV! We made the most of being in an apartment too and on our first night Dave and Margaret made us risotto for dinner, which of Course was pretty yummy!! It was our first touch of what felt like home since leaving in October and we loved it! Home made meals together and all just having a laugh. We woke up on our second day and the weather wasn't too great, in fact it was pretty grey and unfortunately not nice enough to be able to sit out in the sun. We all headed into town and got a few bits, and brad and Keith got their hair cut (we won't go into brads reaction to his haircut, let's just say it was all my fault, enough said lol)! We had a pretty chilled out day watched a film while Kerry Dave Margaret and Keith went for a walk. Day two Kerry and Keith made dinner and we had chilli! Me and Brad had been craving this for ages so it was another nice touch of home. We had a great night just sat around the table chatting, playing cards and drinking lots of wine! I think one of the funniest nights was when Keith got on the phone to work calling himself Bruce in an Australian accent telling them all about the trip so far, he had us all in tears of laughter!! We had lots of time chilling and playing cards in Old Bar because of the weather, your probably wondering why it was one of my favourite places! But it was amazing there and we just loved having the chance to stay in and eat and all have a laugh together! The highlight of our time there had to be one morning though when we saw dolphins! We'd been told that if we were lucky we'd get to see some so Margaret had been getting up early on dolphin watch! She spotted a couple early morning which me and brad didn't wake up for lol but about an hour later they came back and there were loads of them! I think we stood watching them from our balcony for a good half hour, probably more. We were like big kids and me and brad even ran down to the beach to get into the sea. Once down there we could see the, so clearly it was absolutely amazing seeing them so close playing in the sea and jumping out of the water. It was the best way to start our day and definitely the best part of the trip! We went for a drive on our last full day too and found a nice spot for lunch where we saw some pretty huge pelicans a bit too close for my liking!

It was a really enjoyable few days of relaxing, eating, laughing and drinking, a place I'm definitely glad we got to visit! Next stop was Yamba another favourite of all of us I think! So I will tell you all next....

Love B&K xxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb