Broadbeach and Brisbane....birthday time x


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane » Aspley
April 20th 2014
Published: April 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We didn't really want to leave Yamba all of us really enjoyed it and I dont think 2 nights was enough, but still, we were looking forward to the next few places. Our next stop was Broadbeach! We got to stop at Byron Bay along the way too somewhere we really wanted to see as so many people had told us about it. We didn't really stay long though Brad was suffering from a bit of sunburn and it was a really really hot day so I'd definitely like to go back one day for a visit. Ŵe headed on ahead of the others to Broadbeach and found the apartment. Another gorgeous one with a view to the sea, we have been so lucky staying in some lovely places. We weren't there long before the others arrived and we all settled in and headed to the beach. Kerry and Margaret headed to the beach for an hour or so and I joined the boys at the surf club for a couple of drinks and an afternoon of boy chat lol. After Kerry and Margaret were done we all went and got some food and tried to secretly get Kerry a cake and some bits for her birthday although me and Keith took a while and it was hard hiding queuing up for the cake with Kerry looking at us lol. We manages to do it though headed back to the apartment for the evening. We had planned to get a Chinese and chill but we ended up just having a few nibbles and some wine and all sat out on our balcony chatting for the evening which was lovely.

The next morning me and Brad woke up before everyone and headed out to get Kerry some birthday flowers but it was a Sunday and apparently in Broadbeach shops don't really open on a Sunday so an hour later of flower hunting we decided to opt for champagne instead :-). We got back and everyone thought we'd gone for breakfast without them so I think champagne was a nice surprise. We all had breakfast together yummy scrambled eggs and salmon and headed down to the beach for the day to relax in the sun. It was a really lovely day and we had a meal booked for the evening. We all got back to the apartment and got ready and wow all I can say is its one of the best meals I've ever had!!! We were all in agreement at how amazing the food was I think there was scallops, pork belly in the mix for the starters and duck, chicken and fish in the mains. All so unbelievably tasty we were in our element!! It was a really lovely way to end Kerry's birthday!! We were all up early the next day to check out for our next stop....Brisbane!

Me and brad didn't stop all along the way to Brisbane and got to the apartment a little bit before the rest so unloaded our stuff, which had most definitely grown in size since the beginning if the trip!! Brad dropped the car to the rental shop and the others arrived in the meantime so we all unloaded and were able to get into the apartment. We had a bit if a stressful drive up getting lost and of course it being my fault so once in the apartment brad took Dave and Keith to take their car back and they coincidentally found a pub which gave us girls some well needed girly time with a couple of bottles of champagne of course! We were still celebrating Kerry's birthday so it was allowed lol. The boys eventually got back and we all headed out to get some dinner. Brad had it in his head he wanted Chinese so looked one up and we went walking to find it. It wasn't exactly the closest place lol but we did eventually get there and the food was yummy as always in Australia!! We decided to go our ppt for a drink afterwards so left the others and went off exploring. It was the beginning if the week so wasn't very busy but we did find a pub playing live music so, us being us, after a few drinks were the only ones up dancing ha!! It was fun though but brad definitely didn't feel too good the next day lol. It was his turn to feel really hungover so we had a movie day and even went and bought a few more and chilled out for the day while Kerry, Dave, Margaret and Keith went out exploring. It was a very mellow day for us but the guys came back after a good day out with lots of goodies for us which definitely cheered us up and we all watched Cool Runnings a together (geeks!!) hehe.

The next day we felt good enough to explore so the six of us went out on a boat trip along the river and afterwards me and brad went off to the restaurant the others ate at the day before. A yummy Turkish restaurant which they all recommended so we had to try it as we felt a tad left out lol. It was really good although when we got there it was in between lunch and dinner so was shut so we had to wait a while so conveniently had time to share a bottle of wine down at the from over looking the river. Not a bad way to bide our time!! We went back for dinner and it was worth the wait! Afterwards we went and met the other four in a pub by our apartment for a couple of drinks and then all headed back to lack as we were leaving the next day!

A good couple of days in Brisbane flew by and our next stop was sunshine beach by Noosa and we had another birthday to celebrate. Keith's! So I'll tell you more on my next entry.

Love B&K

Xxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb