Day 16


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Wollongong
February 26th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 16

So today since we have a whole week left before classes begin, we decided to travel around a little bit. We went to the zoo the other day and decided to travel to Wollongong for a one night trip. We took the train there which was really nice and surprisingly not that expensive ($20 round trip for 1 ½ hr trip) so that was good. Only problem was that when we arrived there was a crazy storm. We met a really cute old couple on the train and they said that there has been really weird weather and that it had rained more in the past week then it had in the past month… prefect. So we decided to settle into our hostel and go to a Mexican restaurant (yea!) and to see a movie. The movies were a bargain $9 compared to $15 in Sydney. We say Definitely Maybe which was a chick flick for sure but not too bad. Emily and Jenna brought bottles of wine in and I happily enjoyed some peanut M&Ms… I hate wine so much! AH! So that was fun and the Mexican restaurant was really good (although not really too Mexican). Everything was cheaper in Wollongong than Sydney so that was awesome. Jenna and I also split a hairdryer because it was only $16 dollars.

So after the movie we went back to the hostel and these Welsh guys stopped us and challenged us to darts. Of course we played and talked and had a really good time until about 2 in the morning and called it quits. We got up in the morning and went to the beach which was really pretty. It was a pretty nice day so it was a good beach trip and we all got a lot of sun.

We then came back to the internet café in Sydney after the train ride to figure out our class schedules that just got online. Of course the school does the scheduling for you so it is all screwed up. I checked mine and I have a clash (two classes meet at the same time) so I have to go in tomorrow, wait in really long lines and figure it out. Awesome. So that will suck. I cannot wait until we can get internet at the apt… it sucks to walk and pay for it all the time. So hopefully that comes soon.

Well, that’s about it. Tomorrow we were going to go to Manly beach but the weather looks rainy so we will see. I love the beach here! I’m trying to go as often as I can. So I’m going to go downstairs and hang out with Jenna and Emily! More later!

<3
me


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb