Taronga Zoo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 5th 2015
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8649, 151.207

We planned to be up early, but everyone was tired, so we headed off at about 9am to Circular Quay and the ferry to Taronga Zoo. There was quite a deal of excitement about catching the harbour ferry - some of us were less excited about the sky safari (cable car) to the top, but it's a long hard day heading up the hill all day!

Lots of wonderful animals - it was interesting to see how things are done in Australia having visited the Singapore Zoo only 12 months ago. Everyone agrees that this was an excellent present for Christmas, grandma and grandad, so thankyou!

It was a very full day, although thankfully nowhere near as hot as the day before. We walked over 5km again today, so we flopped when we got home and some of us took the chance to explore the rooftop swimming pool with harbour glimpses - fantastic!

Then our concierge recommended Fratelli Freschi at Cafe Sopra (underneath Rockpool) where we had great lasagna and pizzas.

The kids wanted to read for 30 mins, and as The Establishment Bar was just downstairs, Steven and I snuck off for a quick champagne so that I could say that I'd been there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb