Sydney beach babes


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 6th 2015
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -33.8649, 151.207

The sun is shining! So off to the beach we went - this is a big advantage to having the car here and having a carpark that we can come and go from at will. A relatively smooth trip out to Bondi Beach, and we are starting to feel more confident driving in this city (made especially hard by the semi-closure of George St for light rail works).

We had a quick burger breakfast then into the water - with half the rest of the country, it seemed! It was perfect beach weather (although the water is noticeably colder here!). The waves were perfect, the water perfectly clear and blue-green and the sand stretched yellow into the wife beach. Even Steven was convinced to come in! We then walked down to the Icebergs pool, but decided to return to swim there another time.

Instead, we meandered along the South Heads Rd admiring the views of the ocean and the harbour - and the real estate! I reckon I could live in some parts of Sydney!

Lunch at Doyle's at Watson's Bay - wonderful Steven dropped us off to grab a table and order whilst he parked the car (half a suburb away!). We were typically lucky, grabbing the best table in the place so we could overlook the water under the pier and watch the boats come in whilst we ate. Then a swim in the bay - still cold but so picturesque. We drove back to the city via the Sacred Heart sister school to Stuartholme - Kincoppal Rose Bay - and decided Catholics always have the best real-estate!

A bit of quiet time - Tom fell asleep so whilst Steven did a bit of work, Georgia, Matt and I went to the Sydney Eye (something that Steven and Tom were most UNKEEN about!). It was wonderful - and I think that Matt's enthusiasm at leaning against windows etc proves that, contrary to his assertions, he is NOT scared of heights. We even had fun waving at the people in another lift going down the tower!

We could see the boys in the Mall, and joined them before walking back to a outdoor bar next to our apartment - the meals were good, and even better when told that all meals are $11 on Tuesdays! A walk down to the harbour to see the lights, then home to bed...a good day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 47, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.193s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb