Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 5th 2017
Published: March 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sunday March 5, 2017

A day without a fixed program. As it states in our itinerary "day at leisure".

We started out with the "usual" great buffet breakfast, followed by mass at a small but beautiful church, St Patrick. Interesting to see that mass is read every hour, whereas in many countries this would be impossible due to the lack of priests.

After mass we did the full tour of the Opera House and the botanic garden. This garden already exists for over 200 years and as such must have been established some 35 years after the first prisoners were shipped to Australia.

All major cities in Australia with the exception of Adelaide, find their origin in the deportation of English prisoners to Australia starting in 1780 appoximately.

Later in the day we met a friend of Isabel Vladar, Margarita's niece, and her boyfriend for dinner.

Amazing how small the world is; as it turned out her boyfriend is from Venezuela and used to work at CAF, Caracas for 4 years during the years that I worked there.

A very nice encounter with a great Thai meal.

Further little to recount for the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

IMG_2706IMG_2706
IMG_2706

The lord with the blue umbrella...


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb