Best Restaurants to Satisfy Italian Food Cravings in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
October 29th 2016
Published: October 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Who says that you have to be in Rome to try some of the best Italian delicacies? Italian cuisine has become a part of the world’s culture, and wherever you go, you can satisfy your cravings for Italian food even with a slice of pizza. Here’s a list of the best Italian restaurants in Sydney where you can enjoy the authentic food with your loved one over a glass of fine wine.

A Tavola - Bondi




This restaurant, located by the sea, adds a bit of Sydney flavour to the traditional Italian ingredients and dishes. The modern interior décor is what distinguishes this restaurant from others – large copper orbs and a long marble communal table give it a classy, but pleasant atmosphere. Paper menus list delicious homemade pasta and specials such as casarecce twists with baked ricotta, tagliatelle with eel, and mascarpone. The size of meals is big enough even for two (so you can try out the “Lady and the Tramp” fantasy). Don’t miss the opportunity to taste wines coming from different regions of Italy – you won’t be disappointed!

Aperitivo




If you’re craving for some good Italian pizza, Aperitivo is the place for you. You can enjoy the authentic fresh pizza in a rustic, but modern ambient. Pizzas are made following the traditional Italian recipe, so you’ll be in for a real treat. When it comes to wine, you can keep your options open, since the restaurant offers a variety of different wines coming from Australia, New Zealand, and, of course, Italy.

Ormeggio




The dedicated team of the Ormeggio restaurant will ensure that you have one of the best experiences with the Italian cuisine. The restaurant’s location contributes to its uniqueness – you’ll be delighted to have dinner on the water, behind a boat shop, or in the outdoor area, especially convenient if you’re in a big company. The menu consists of delicious meals including slowly cooked tuna with fingers made of green beans and potatoes, mackerel fillet with burrata and vinegar, or pici, a dish that resembles chubby spaghetti. If you’re not that hungry, you can opt only for dessert, and you won’t regret it. The star among desserts is yoghurt panna cotta that consists of yoghurt base and cherry flavoured jelly, whereas the decoration is made of honeycomb, springs of mint leaves and a fresh cherry.

Lucio’s




Lucio’s restaurant has a remarkable reputation in Sydney, so it should definitely be on your list. The restaurant is known for its delicious Italian food, pleasant and professional service and a unique interior décor. Once you enter Lucio’s, you won’t be able to look away from an extraordinary art collection presented on the walls. The menus, that are pieces of art themselves, include dishes such as roast duck with pickled cherries, pasta with blue swimmer crab, chicory and poached fennel. The extensive wine list offers fine Italian wine, and carefully picked local options.

Kirribilli Village Café




Located in the vicinity of Milsons Point Station, this restaurant is a perfect place for the start of a day. You can enjoy excellent breakfast and real Italian coffee in a pleasant homely atmosphere of Kirribilli Village Café, and then move on to sightseeing. This reasonably priced restaurant offers large servings of delicious dishes that include saltimbocca, numerous pasta specials, and desserts, among which is highly praised tiramisu. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the guests are satisfied with the excellent service. You can enjoy a glass of fine wine over a dinner in a cozy and friendly ambient, because breakfast isn’t the only meal you’ll have in this restaurant.



When visiting a new city, we often try to experience everything that is unique and exotic. However, every once in a while, we look for something familiar that will remind us of home. Fortunately, numerous Italian restaurants in Sidney will do just that – make you feel at home. So, don’t wait any longer and visit some of these restaurants to have a slice of your favorite pizza.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.371s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb