Guidelines in Booking the Best Hotel Deals


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 19th 2016
Published: April 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

There is no formula to getting the cheapest hotel deals because room rates on hotels change from time to time due to the demand. Actually, even if you were able to book a hotel room in Europe last month for an affordable price, it does not mean you could still get the same room rate next month.

There is something nice, warm and fun about staying in a hotel whether in one of the luxury hotels in Australia for a business trip or a less fancy three star-hotel in Thailand for an overnight stay. The beautiful view, the warm comfort of the hotel beds and clean sheets, hospitable people and the overall relaxation that you feel while you are checked-in are just some of the things travelers look for in a hotel. That is why hotel owners and managers aim to make their guests feel relaxed and at home. So now, how are you going to find the best deals possible? Here are some guidelines you should consider for your next booking:

Call the hotel number directly

It is true there are numerous apps and websites that allow you to see the hotel room rates for specific date of
booking and even allows you to book online. However, those sites normally require a booking fee or initial deposit. Sometimes, paying an initial deposit could be a hassle. What if you’re not sure about the date? What if you change your mind? Then, you have to go through all the tedious process of cancellation; that is if they even allow you to.

Calling the hotel directly on their front desk or main office (and not the toll-free number) could help you land a better deal. They could offer you lesser rate than the published rates online. And sometimes they even give better deals like early check-in, late check out, free breakfast and Wi-Fi and others. And the best part about dealing directly with the hotel is you have the flexibility - you do not need to pay in advance and you no longer need to deal with third party services. It is so much easier and faster.

Utilize coupons and discount codes

You could also check out some group-buying sites for discounted room rates. However, you should make sure if the site is reliable. When travelling, you will also see coupon books at rest stops or
in convenience stores. So pick those up and use it to score some discounts.

Go for package deals

If you’re going out for a long vacation with family or group of friends, it would be better to go for the package promos that often include everything like airfare, transfers, hotel accommodation, tours and others. Do your math because sometimes, you get a fair share of discounts when going for the package than paying for those things separately.

Visit at less popular times

Lastly, you should try to visit during non-peak days or months to get lower rates for your booking. You could try visiting Europe during winter, booking a hotel resort during weekdays or visiting Florida during autumn. A good timing is everything.

You should allot at least a week for booking a hotel room. It is advisable to check out as many options as you could until you find the most suitable for your needs. Do not be afraid to explore your options. Doing so will help you land with the better hotel deals each time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb