Benefits Of Travelling


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
March 29th 2016
Published: March 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sometimes we need a break from everything; being stuck in a routine can get boring and demotivate you. Imagine yourself working in the same place day in day out, you come home and the same is waiting for you the next day. Regardless of what your job is, it’s important to make time for yourself and one way to do that is travelling. I hope the below encourages you to pick up your passport and hop on a plane to a new destination!

Exposure to new cultures:

Travelling to new countries provide insight into new cultures. For people in their early 20s, there is a popular belief that you can learn more by travelling than spending your early adulthood at University and in terms of life experience, it’s easy to see why this view is common. Travelling from place to place allows you to meet new people who have lived a completely different life and lets you to gain perspective from their experiences; ones that you won’t have gained anywhere else.

Come out of your shell

The idea going of somewhere completely unfamiliar to you (especially if you’re by yourself) can be daunting, but coming out
of your shell can mean giving yourself the chance to experience things you never would’ve imagined yourself doing. Think of all the stories you’ll be able to tell afterwards!

Positive physical and mental well being:

The daily pressure of life can build up to a point where it causes stress and can contribute to losing sleep, so by taking a break it allows you to relax, recuperate and approach your daily life back at home with a new zeal. Along with its positive effects on mental well being, going on holiday can also boost your physical fitness through all the sports you can take part in. It doesn’t matter what your experience level or interests are, there are likely to be various activities for you on your destination. This post about water sports (think skiing, waterboarding, kite surfing and more!) in places like Egypt and Majorca should give you some inspiration.

Try new cuisines:

For some people, a holiday has to be a gastronomical experience so their taste buds are satisfied. Visiting lots of different places in the world means trying cuisines you’ve never heard of before,or if you’re already a foodie in your own country, trying
your favourite foreign dish cooked in its own country – authenticity at its best. Experience new cultures through taste.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb