Sydney Rocks!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
May 13th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The Sydney Harbour Bridge...The Sydney Harbour Bridge...The Sydney Harbour Bridge...

...or Coathanger as its affectionatley known. 100% British steel, built by a British company. Whos your daddy!eh?
G'day everyone, and greetings from Sydney!

We've been having a great time in this fine city - tis proper big, just like home. And some things are indeed very similar to home - like the state of the underground trains, and the free Metro paper they have, which is full of people complaining about the state of the trains!!! Some things never change, no matter where you are in the world 😊

We have been very busy little tourists - and have spent a week pretty much just tramping about. And now our feet ache! We've admired old trees and ducked giant bats in the Botanical Gardens, taken cheesy photos outside the Opera House, been on ferry rides across the harbour and of course, done the famous Harbour Bridge Climb!

We climbed just as it was getting dark, and the views were amazing, watching the city gradually light up below us. It was pretty nippy up there though, and as well as the compulsory gay jumpsuits, we had fleeces and hats and raincoats! But it made us feel better looking at all the photos of famous people who have climbed the bridge - they all had to wear stupid suits too - but somehow Pierce Brosnan and Will Smith still managed to make them look cool! Cooler than Prince Harry and Fergie anyway!!!

Also visited the very pretty and tranquil Chinese Gardens, lovely to wander about, and of course the inevitable Chinatown which exists in just about every city in the world - where Steve found a shop to amuse him a lot! (See photos)

Its properly autumn here in Sydney, and starting to get a bit colder - the aussies are all complaining that its freezing - but to us Brits, especially those of us who have had to survive winters up north, its really just jumper weather! Tis a bit funny seeing leaves all turning, and bare trees in May though.
Still, its not cold enough to stop us dining out and enjoying drinks out on Darling Harbour - or meeting up with people we have met on our travels and catching up over dinner at their house which was lovely. Was good to be in a proper home for once - havent actually been inside one for over 4 months!

So we've pretty much exhausted Sydney for the moment, having trawled the
Us! Us! Us!

At Sydney Harbour. Trying to take photos and not fall in the water!
markets for bargainous souvenirs, and having even been all the way to Bondi to see the famous beach -which was a little disappinting really. Bit cold and windy there. We've seen nicer beaches, but hey, at least we can say we've been!

Next stop - the Blue Mountains and the road down to Melbourne,

Bye for now!

loads of love,

Rozi and Steve
xxx




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The Opera House!The Opera House!
The Opera House!

Cliche i know, but its gotta be done. Built by the same guy who built the student union at Durham Uni. Which is actually a bit rubbish.
Moi, a l'opera!Moi, a l'opera!
Moi, a l'opera!

Not singing tho. Just shouting.


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb