20/03/11


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 20th 2011
Published: April 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,
Me and Jamie have been in Sydney for a couple of weeks now and just thought we would give you a quick update! We are still staying at Billabong gardens and will probably stay here for a while as we love the hostel and property rental and bonds are so high in Sydney, however we are going to look at a few flats in the city as we are both working in the city and the traffic is normally grid lock in the city centre! The city we have seen so far is so beautiful, especially darling harbour and circular quay! However, we have been! Me and Jamie have been working for a week or so now with Jamie working for FW1 again and has already been promoted after 5 days with the company here so thats great for both of us and I have a job at the guylian chocolate cafe... far to many yummy cakes for a diet and its next to the opera house! When we first arrived we were also very unfortunate with the weather and it rained constantly for the first week so terrible that we had 40mm of rain nearly every day other than our first day here but we have had some beautiful days since! Our first day in Sydney also happened to be our friend Alex's birthday so we spent the morning and lunch in darling harbour at 'Docks' bar and then had an amazing afternoon on the thunder speedboat rides around the sydney harbour with the boat spinning and braking so fast we all got absolutely soaked ( even more of a disadvantage for me and nicole who after not being told we were going on the boat both wore white trousers that day.....) the boat ride however was amazing and proably one of the best things we have done so far, even better that we went with a massive group of both our friends from home/ travelling and new friends from alex's work etc!
Me and Jamie have also been exploring Sydney at the botanical gardens, circular quay and darling harbour with the maritime museum and Ive been down to the beautiful bondi and coogee beaches! Me, Nicole and Julian also spent our day of in the blue mountains at Katoomba national park about 2 hours out of sydney which was probably one of the most amazing sights ive ever seen hundereds of miles of nothing but rainforests and mountains and incredible views!! See the seperate blog for the picturesQ


Additional photos below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb