An update...Sydney Ice Bar and Olympic Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
February 25th 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

An update...Sydney Ice Bar and Olympic Park - February 2010

Well it’s been a while since we’ve updated the blog so I thought I would make a note of recent goings on. Things in Australia have settled quite nicely although it has been roasting hot a lot of the time, however every now and then we get a spectacular thunder storm that clears the air and lowers the temperature, which is always refreshing, if only for little while. Summer has now officially ended and as we enter autumn the temperature has dropped a little to a nice comfortable 28ºC, so no complaints there! To escape the heat we’ve been frequenting the beach a lot and making good friends with the fish, our favourite being the big blue groper that is very friendly and swims right up to you. We’ve been taking some more photos with the underwater camera so when we get it developed there will hopefully be some good ones we can put on here.

We’ve both still been working hard and enjoying what we do. We both have work coming out of ears and not enough time to fit every job opportunity in, which is definitely a
Olympic poolOlympic poolOlympic pool

Aquatic Centre At Sydney Olympic Park
good position to be in. I have signed up to a marketing and events agency to get some experience within my degree field and a few weeks ago was asked to be in an infomercial for an exercise machine, filmed at Bondi Beach. It was basically like one of those adverts you see on the shopping channel, I played the part of an over enthusiastic ‘passer by’ who had tried out the machine and thought it was absolutely amazing! It was good fun and a great way to earn money, relaxing on Bondi Beach for a couple of hours.

Even though we are working hard we are also playing hard. On Valentines night we went out for a meal at Circular Quay which is where the Opera House and Harbour Bridge is. Although it was raining it was nice to see the two iconic images lit up at night and we enjoyed an nice Italian meal. After dinner we went to Minus 5 Ice Bar. The whole bar is made from ice, the walls, the seats and bar counter. It’s pretty cold in there as I’m sure you can imagine so they provide you with a big coat to keep warm. We enjoyed cocktails whilst looking at the different sculptures in there all made of…ice!

We made a trip to Sydney Olympic Park one weekend, where the Olympic Games were held 10 years ago. The stadium was very impressive and the grounds around it (including the Showground, Arena and Aquatic Centre) were nice to wander around. We went for a swim in the Aquatic Centre and did a few lengths in preparation for the 2km swim we have entered into in Sydney Harbour in a couple of weeks. (Will tell you all about that after the event). It was Doddy’s first time in a 50 metre pool and he liked the fact that you only had to swim 32 lengths to swim a mile instead of the usual 64 (in a normal 25 metre pool)!



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Skate parkSkate park
Skate park

At the Olympic Park
Doddy doing lengths in the sea water pool at ClovellyDoddy doing lengths in the sea water pool at Clovelly
Doddy doing lengths in the sea water pool at Clovelly

In preparation for the 2km Sydney Harbour swim


Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb