Sydney - 007, shaken and definitely well stirred!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 1st 2008
Published: April 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

At the Kea depot we said our goodbyes to the van, and after a relatively nice flight we arrived safe and sound in Sydney. Spending a night in the Formule 1 hotel by the airport, we felt like caged birds after living in the van. We couldn't wait to pick up the new van and head off to the nearest campsite and resume Pikey Mode. So, this morning we headed off to the Wicked depot looking forward to meeting our new home for the next 6 weeks.

And we were delighted to be given the really discrete and inconspicuous '007 Shaken' van; I suppose if you opt for a Wicked van it's designed to be noticed, and ours screams 'WICKED!' It's done 350,000 km and it looks and sounds like it! Somehow, we managed to find our way out of the city without a map or GPS, found a Big 4 campsite north of Manly, and resumed Pikey Mode in a seriously Orange way!

And as the saying goes, you don't miss what you've got until it's gone - we've no 240v, no fridge, no air-con or heating, no hot water, doors that lock at free will... but hey, it's Wicked init!?!?!



Advertisement



3rd April 2008

I remember seeing those vans and thinking 'They're brave!!!' - at least it won't get nicked. Did you get the email? Maybe sent it to the wrong address?
4th April 2008

Hi Cathy n Jo!
Well Bond was brave, wasn't he! We've souped it up now, with 240v and a kettle, heater and light. Fitting the turbo and machine guns tomorrow, and fixing the ejector seat (lacky band broke...). After all, you only live twice... :~]
5th April 2008

looking good litchbond?
all the best from the wilsons catch u both when u get back .say hello to wyn 4 me mate
5th April 2008

Hi The Wilsons!
Great to hear from you! See you soon, keep reading! The Liches :-)

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb