Au Revoir New Zealand!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Akaroa
March 30th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Take A BreakTake A BreakTake A Break

'... working too hard I am.'
We've just been looking through our blog at the things we've done over the past 6 months and we can't quite believe our time in NZ is coming to an end. We've had a great time here in NZ, and have met lots of friendly folk who have made us feel very welcome. Despite having cleaned the van inside and out and packed most of our stuff away, we're still somewhat in denial about handing the van over and being homeless and on the homestretch.

We've given our fantastic BBQ to Pete who lives and works at the Arrowtown Camp whom we know will put it to good use, and perhaps give the odd sausage to Clarence the campsite cat. And we've posted back home most of the 'stuff' we've accumulated, in a huge box weighing nearly 15 kg's!

After 6 months of cooking, sleeping, eating in a 18 ft x 6 ft space, with the odd feline visitor, the van has now been de-furred and descaled and is looking a like a shiny new penny, and no longer smells like a hamster's cage. The van is in perfect working order and ready to hand back to Kea tomorrow.

We've spent the past few days in Akaroa, a small town on the Banks Peninsular about 80 km south of Christchurch. It's a former French Settlement, complete with French flag and French-style shop, cafes and road names. The campsite is perched on a steep hill overlooking the pretty harbour, with a fair climb back from town, helping to burn off those naughty fish and chips!

We're now in Christchurch for one night, and tomorrow we're off to Oz to see the Wizard!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th March 2008

Travels
Can't believe your 6 months in NZ is over already. I don't know about you two but i feel sad you're leaving!! Have a good trip to Oz and look forward to your next entry. Cheers!!

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb