Sick in Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
March 25th 2007
Published: March 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Woke up feeling quite rough (drinks didnt help last night.) forced myself to sleep in till lateish.

It was grey and miserable (a bit like me!).

I'd decided to go and cut me time in australia down by a couple of weeks and spend more time in Thailand. So I went across the square to the STA travel. Being Sunday (unlike the uk) it was closed. There was another one about 4 blocks up towards the harbour. That was closed too.

On the way to the other STA travel I walked passed a hugh march. Dont know what they were celebrating but, it consisted of mainly school children carrying greek flags along with the occasional Australian one. There was even a marching band with bag pipes thrown in.

Dont know why I did, but around lunch time on the way back I stopped off at hungrey jacks for a burger.

Plus I had a little wonder around the shops in the centre and found a cheap summer T-shirt.

Wondering around town managed to kill off some time. One the way back to the hostel I stopped off at the Grey hound office and booked my Eastpass ticket.

Back at the hostel, still not feeling 1 hundred percent, I sat and read my book and the paper.

Went back to my room and read a little there and got talking to some of my room mates. Great thing about traveling is you meet some very facinating people. In my dorm alone we had a ,very Welsh ex steel worker (steve), Chilean Architectural student (looking for a flat), English 18 year old drop out (Ronan - very inquisitive), 60 year old Australian ceramics specialist (makes clay pots - looking for a flat too) and that evening an American music promoter (just seen a special gig by the Police in which only 400 industry people were aloud to attend.)

Had dinner at the hostel (sardin sandwich) wasnt very hungry. Talked to steve for a bit longer.

Had another early night.







Advertisement



26th March 2007

Weirdo Hostel people
I was staying in a Hostel once, and in my room was an old chap who travelled round the country visiting things like festivals and pride events taking pictures of naked people. All I'm saying is, now you've got your young boy haircut, be careful!
28th March 2007

Weirdo Hostel people
In addition to old guys taking questionable photos, do you remember that old guy we had in our room in San Francisco that was probably the world's LOUDEST snorer! Surely you haven't met anyone that can top that yet!

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb