Our last few days in Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 7th 2007
Published: January 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Darling HarbourDarling HarbourDarling Harbour

Me enjoying myself to the full! It was choc chip and lovely! I got it all round my mouth as usual.
Dear all,

This will be our last blog from Oz! We are leaving tomorrow.

We have had a wonderful time and we are sad to be leaving, and we are both dreading coming back home to normality!

We have spent the past few days exploring Sydney and its surrounding area.

We have been to Darling Harbour - see pic attached. Its really good here and there are some nice restaurants which are kind enough to give us free alcohol (in return for a 'free' voucher) so we have been making the most of it!

We have explored the Rocks and been on a tour of the opera house. We have been on a harbour cruise, we stopped off at Taronga Zoo for the view, been on the ferry to Manly (really pretty but the beach was packed full of people and little blue stingers) and the train and bus to Bondi (Its wasn't quite what we were expecting, we thought it would be a bit more like Surfers Paradise/Gold Coast beaches). We have been window shopping a lot again.

We finally got the room situation sorted out and have been moved to a quieter twin
View from Taronga ZooView from Taronga ZooView from Taronga Zoo

We weren't as interested in the animals as the view!
room, which we should have had all along.

We also saw Natalie Imbruglia and her hubbie, Daniel Johns from Silverchair walking in front of the harbour near the Rocks, I only realised it was them as they had passed me! I was excited about that for about an hour!

We are really looking forward to Tokyo, well I am, I think Phil is just depressed because we are going home soon!

Can't wait to see you all and eternally bore you with our pictures and stories (we might have to make a few exciting ones up!)

We might blog from Tokyo if we can find somewhere that will understand what we want to do!, if not we will update you when we get home.

Tc

Lu and P xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bondi BeachBondi Beach
Bondi Beach

Rammed Bondi. Sea was freezing! Sand was boiling, beach was tiny for the amount of people on it.


7th January 2007

Congratulations!
Well done bro on the driving test! Will see you soon so that you can tell me all about it! Is Dad buying you a car now? (Hehe!) L XXX
9th January 2007

your bloggs have been great I get so excited when I get one I think you should carry on doing it for ever !Am so glas you have had such a great trip , I guess your on the plane back , time for that one minute silence again . love aga

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb