Welcoming in 2007


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 3rd 2007
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

View of Sydney Harbour BridgeView of Sydney Harbour BridgeView of Sydney Harbour Bridge

We took this from the top of the Pylon Lookout on the bridge.
Hello all,

Hope you all enjoyed your festivities on New Year. We had such a good time! We went to see the fireworks on the Bridge and it was specatcular. We were a bit squiffy at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, that was to take the pain away from having to wait for 2 hours to get into the viewing spot and then had to sit on a very steep hill to get a half decent, (but good compared to some people) view. We watched the first lot of fireworks at 9 o'clock from this spot but decided that we had better move in a bit closer for, as Phil just said, "The real deal", the huge fireworks at midnight. It was great! I'm so glad we weren't at home or sat in the Saracens Head or somewhere like that! Sorry to sound so smug, you should all be gleeful because we will be home soon and then you can make us feel sorry for ourselves because we have to go back to normality etc!

Our last few days in Melbourne were spent watching the rest of the cricket - no comment, and we went to St. Kilda
From the AMP TowerFrom the AMP TowerFrom the AMP Tower

This is Sydney CBD taken from the AMP Tower, we had to queue for about an hour and a half to get to the top, when we were at the bottom it was sunny, when we reached the top it was cloudy!
beach for a wander around. I miss Melbourne, so does Phil, on first impressions Sydney seems very different - its bigger and not as homely. Still lovely though!

So, so far in Sydney we have walked on the bridge, and up one of the Pylon's for a really good view, we've been to the Rocks for a wander round and a lovely bite to eat, yesterday we went up the AMP tower, which again took a long queue to get up, and we have been to Darling Harbour for a wander round and Pie and Mash! We have still got to do the harbour cruise and maritime museum and Paddington and shopping and Manly and Bondi and Taronga Zoo... so I think we had better get our bums into gear!

Our hostel is ok, we have a bit of a weird bed situation - we have 2 lots of bunk beds in our room! Its the first time for a long time that we have slept in seperate beds! I'm not enjoying it but I think Phil is loving it! I can't nick the sheet or take up all the room etc!

Anyway, we'd better get on
From the AMP TowerFrom the AMP TowerFrom the AMP Tower

This is Sydney CBD taken from the AMP Tower, we had to queue for about an hour and a half to get to the top, when we were at the bottom it was sunny, when we reached the top it was cloudy!
with some sightseeing.

See you all very soon.

Lu and Pip xxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb