The last blog...


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
January 14th 2007
Published: January 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Shinjuku advertisingShinjuku advertisingShinjuku advertising

This is Shinjuku and the bright lights of the advertising that covers the buildings.
Hi everyone,

We arrived back home on Friday. I just thought that I'd update you on our adventures in Tokyo.

We had a really good flight from Sydney to Tokyo, we both managed to get some kip and it did us so much good.
When we got into Tokyo it didn't really take much effort to get on the train and get to Ikebukuro where we were staying, we were really suprised at how easy it was.

We got to our hotel at about 9ish so we had to go back out and explore for a bit while they were sorting out our room. We tried to find the tourist information, but ended up wandering endlessly and getting lost in the underground exits! We managed to find 2 really nice bakeries and see lots of plastic food.We stuck to the bakeries!

We eventually made it back to the hotel and were very grateful to be able to go up to our room - which was the best that we'd had the whole holiday - proper luxury! We got into our giant bed and went to sleep for a very long time!It was great.

The next morning,
Senso-jiSenso-jiSenso-ji

This is Phil drinking the hot sweet saki that we bought from outside the temple.
we had planned to go to the famous fish market, we found out from the lonely planet that it was shut in that day though! We stayed in bed for a bit longer instead. We then went out to explore Shinjuku, Harajuku and Roppongi, we managed to find some good shops to buy some gifts in and I loved Harajuku, only in Japan would you find a whole shop dedicated to Snoopy and Charlie Brown! I also managed to find some Moomins merchadise. We ate in the Hard Rock Cafe in Roppongi surrounded by the bright lights and busyness.

On our last day we managed to fit in Ginza, we went to the Sony building and picked out the tv of our dreams, Asakusa - where we visited Senso-ji (a really big temple) it has its own shopping centre/market and we tried some hot sweet saki. We also went to Akihabara, which is supposed to be where you go to get your digital cameras etc... we ended up in a huge book shop looking at Manga though!

That evening we went back to Roppongi and had our last meal at TGI Fridays. We had to be up at
Senso-jiSenso-jiSenso-ji

This is the temple that we visited.
5am to catch our train to the airport the next morning so we had another early night.

Thats it, we are back, and very depressed! Can't believe that its all over and finished with! Its been so much fun and an experience that we will never forget. We can't wait to start planning our next adventure.

I'm sure that we will manage to catch up with everyone soon.

Tc

Lu and P xxx





Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb