Oysters and Champagne: Best Spots in Sydney to Get Your Fix


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
July 18th 2019
Published: July 18th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Oysters and champagne go exceptionally well together. In case you’re craving this particular combo and you’re lucky enough to be in Sydney, you’ll most definitely get your fix! After all, seafood restaurants in Sydney are amazing while champagne has to be on the menu of every great restaurant. So, what places should be on your radar for this little trip to satisfy your palate?

1. Café Sydney



If you want the full Sydney experience, Café Sydney is definitely the place for you. Located on the rooftop of Customs House, it offers incredible views of the city. Sydney Rock and Pacific oysters start at $5 per piece while champagne is available from $30 a glass.

2. Riley St Garage



Inspired by New York’s Meatpacking District, Riley St Garage brings back the old glamour of the 1930s. The menu is rather diverse but, as you can probably guess, it’s the Oyster Bar that makes this restaurant special. Smokey soy truffle starts at $6 while their finest champagne can be ordered for $115 per bottle.

3. Cafe del Mar



A truly special restaurant surrounded by Darling Harbour panoramic water views provides a mesmerizing dining experience at a rooftop location. It’s perfect for
your oyster and champagne fix. Make sure to try fresh Sydney Rock oysters with red wine mignonette that are around $5 a piece. Champagne prices start at $25 a glass but rose champagne is available for $15 a glass.

4. The Buena Vista Bar



Perfect for group outings and a great dining experience, The Buena Vista Bar will allow you to relax and enjoy the sun-filled ambience as Balmoral Beach glamour meets Mosman mod. Sydney Rock oyster with mignonette starts at $4 a piece while you can get a fine bottle of champagne for $99.

5. Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel



In case you’re interested in an exquisite beach dining experience, Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel is the right place for you, being located at one of the most iconic Sydney beaches. Oysters, served natural, or with classic mignonette start at $4.50 per piece while champagne goes for $19 a glass or $110 a bottle.

6. Manly Pavilion



Considered to be the most popular and beautiful waterfront restaurant in Sydney, Manly Pavilion won’t leave you indifferent. Contemporary décor mixed with beach views matches the Italian-inspired menu perfectly. Oysters Natural and Kilpatrick (pancetta) start at $4 per piece while champagne is available at $19 a glass/$108 a bottle.

7. The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room



As the name suggests, this particular restaurant is all about tasty seafood. Located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, The Morrison Bar and Oyster Room is your stylish yet cheeky place to get great food and drinks. They also have plenty of interesting events for different occasions. Oysters are freshly shucked, served with Forvm vinegar and lemon, and start at $4.50. Champagne is available for $19/$110 per glass/bottle.

8. The Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay



The amazing views of The Boathouse on Blackwattle Bay don’t even begin to compare to the delicious oyster specialties they serve to their customers. The restaurant is known for its fresh seasonal produce. In order to get your oyster + champagne fix, you’ll need to pay $4.80 for Cape Hawke Rock and up to $6 for other kinds (and they have many!). Champagne is available for $130 per bottle.

9. Garfish



Garfish promises and delivers a quintessential Sydney dining experience with some amazing seafood choices. You won’t regret trying their oyster menu, with natural, fried and roasted options to satisfy your palate. They start at $4 per piece. Champagne is available at $13.5/$63 per glass/bottle.

10. Hartsyard



Just a 3-minute walking distance from Newtown train station offers a truly pleasant yet contemporary dining experience. Hartsyard perfectly blends a cosy and modern vibe. Sydney Rock oyster with rice wine vinegar and kombu goes for $5 a piece. Your sparkling drink is available at $16 per glass. It’s worth mentioning that this restaurant offers sake, which also pairs great with oysters.

Hopefully, you’ll be able to enjoy yourself to the fullest at every one of these hot spots when it comes to the superb oyster dining experience and bubbly champagne to go with your meal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.499s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0619s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb