You haven't seen Sydney until you have seen it from the Bridge!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
October 30th 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well after a having a cruise around the harbour we had to wait around until 5.55pm which was the time that we were booked onto the Bridge Climb. Nervous or what especially as I do not like heights and it was getting quite windy - not in the standard of hurricane Sandy but still windy from my perspective.

So we have to check in before this includes filling in a form that indemnifies them against everything and anything - would this be able to happen in the UK I don't think so! We also had to take a breath test and we weren't driving - and we passed, ha ha

After this we are given these lovely blue and grey suits and a harness so we are attached to the bridge at all times - the harness and me were best friends by the end of the climb! Whilst you are getting into your gear we found out that 3 of the group had already done the climb previously and they were apprehensive which did not go down well with me as I was hoping they would say it was a breeze!

We had taken the twilight climb and it was amazing is all I can say we had the most amazing views ever - well of Sydney anyway. And just to give you an idea, there I was 134 metres above the river with my feet on the narrow structure and my best friend harnass haha.

They will not let you take your camera up but they did give you a group photo at the end of the climb but wanted to charge you $65 for a memory stick with individual photos they took - to be honest we are getting memory stick overload and $65 for 4 photos of you and a couple of the view I thought was a bit strong - so we have taken our own photo of the group photo - good thinking or what!

We have booked our car hire for New Zealand with Jucy which was absolutely fantastic value about a quarter of what we were quoted from Europe Car, Avis and Hertz so if anyone is coming over to New Zealand get a quote from Jucy as they also threw in a GPS which everyone else charges you a fortune for. We have also booked a B&B in Christchurch for a couple of nights and the owner Judith explained that she is having a bit of work done on the house due to the earthquakes - it brings back to you how Christchurch must have suffered.

We are off to the beach today

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb