Christmas Day!!!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee Beach
December 25th 2005
Published: December 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I eventually wake up feeling really quite fragile after the La Cita Christmas party, but as it's Christmas I feel I must make an effort to get up at 12.30!oops! Matt was also at work last night so he was in no shape to get up early, nor was Chris, and Colin was already at work where he was due to finish at 6pm. Once we were all up and nearly alive Chris was already onto preparing the vegetables for tonights dinner! I was then on breakfast duty which consisted of making the infamous Owen family breakkie of ham and eggs on toast. It went down an absolute treat with the others! lovely. The beach was buzzing from our balcony so it only felt right that we should get down there and enjoy christmas day in the sun on the beach, mental! My friends Lala and the two Nic's (from Dogma) were also at Coogee beach today so I arranged to meet up with them too. We headed down there with Santa hats donned and a bottle of sparkling wine in hand when we were stopped by a German girl who wanted to take a photo of us. We sat in our usual spot just near the volleyball net where the rest of the BUNAC crew were, so in the end we had quite a big crowd down there, pumping out the Christmas tunes from Chris's iPod and my speakers. Was so surreal to be on the beach thinking "it's Christmas day??!". I ran off into the sea closley followed by Chris and the surrealism of the whole day became even greater. We had a really good time at the beach just laughing at ourselves really... and some some other people who had gone to the effort of wearing a full Santa costume! It was then time to head back to the flat to begin food prep. Colin arrived home much to our excitement because it meant we could open our secret Santa's!! I had Colin, Colin had me, Matt had Chris and Chris had Matt, so it worked out that we were buying our roomies the presents. The prezzies were distributed by the appropriate person. We each got relatively good presents apart from Matt who got some Salt 'n' Vinegar chipsticks and a childs Kite... well done Chris he tought we were all giving joke presents, oops! The nights food preperation was well underway, Matt and Col went down the one of the huts on the grass in front of our flat to spark the BBQ, whilst Chris and I... mainly Chris, did veggies, gravy and potatoes. I made some of Mama Owens incredible Bread Sauce. With the food in a large foil dish we went down to the Barby spot where Matt and Col had done us proud cooking chicken, sausages and bacon, all prepared together in seemless syncronisation and all served to fill a dinner plate just as Christmas dinner should be! We sat there looking out over the beach at night with our food lit with large candles. We were all SO proud that we had made the effort as it really payed off and the food was seriously good. Still pumping out the Christmas tunes on my speakers the group next to us were very impressed with our efforts and of course the santa hats were still being worn. The Sparkling Shiraz and stubbies of VB were also flowing when we moved back to the flat for a few games of consequences and charades where the laughter flowed as much as the booze to complete a fantastic day!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb