It ain't as good as it sounds


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
November 21st 2007
Published: November 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are now planted in North Bondi. We were given an internet site (www.stayz.com.au) by a friend of Chloe's. We found the place we are at on the site. It is much nicer than a hotel room and also a hell of a lot cheaper.
We arrived after a sightseeing detour of Sydney. We went south out of the airport instead of north. Oh well it was an interesting way to see part of the city.
After arrival and settling for a bit we walked down to the beach for some tea of sushi. We seem to have gained a knack of choosing places that are almost deserted when we get there, then after being there for 10 minutes the place is packed.
The next day a wallet emptying trip to the supermarket was in order. At this point I have yet to find a decent ozzie beer to drink hence a case of Peroni was bought.
We had another walk down to the beach so the girls could make some sandcastles and stuff. The sea was as flat as a pancake so watching the surf school trying to teach people was quite entertaining. They were mostly just paddling across the bay then back again.
It is one of the most famous beaches in Australia, and ok it is quite nice but there are much nicer ones in New Zealand. After a trip to Manly, we both aggreed that it was nicer, and there was some surf.

Advertisement



26th November 2007

BEER try Tooheys Old
Although I am not a beer drinker, I like lager, Gordon tells me a Scooner of Tooheys Old is the nearest thing to good old blighteys beer. A scooner sound small but it is almost a pint. Mum Sheila
26th November 2007

Beer
Currently drinking Macs Sassy Red. Very good NZ beer

Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb