Catching the waves at Bondi!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
November 2nd 2007
Published: November 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bondi BeachBondi BeachBondi Beach

not in the sun!
We were going SURFING IN BONDI BEACH!!!

I had tried surfing in Machrihanish (thanks Kerenza!) before coming out to Oz, so was well hooked and totally excited that I would actually be able to do it as a hobby as there is a surf beach about 45 mins from Melbourne. So you could imagine how excited I was to get the opportunity to do it at Bondi!! I also had mentioned it just a few (!) times since getting to Sydney, so Ricky was well chuffed that I was so excited about it all. Although, to be honest the excitement for me was the fact that Ricky was gonna give it a go too!

It was early we left for Bondi which is so easy to get to from the city so it’s no wonder all the sydneysiders hit there at the weekend to catch the waves.

Since it was so hot, we just wore our shorts and a t-shirt and never bothered about a towel as the forecast was bright and sunny, so thought we could dry in the heat. We were wrong and the forecast was wrong. All set to catch some waves in our gorgeous
Hair was a riot!Hair was a riot!Hair was a riot!

This was after our surfing lesson
wetsuits (which Ricky put on backwards!! I couldn’t move for laughing!!), we headed to the beach in the pi**ing rain. It wasn’t cold, just raining and dull. Bondi, erh? It was better in Scotland!!!

I loved it. Ricky liked it.

The rain was on and off during the lesson and the Instructor assured us that the thunder was only to be worried about if it continued for more than 15 mins, then she would cancel the lesson. She also assured us that the blue jellyfish thing that stings is only about in certain conditions and today wasn’t the conditions for them. However, just as we were wrapping up the lesson, she pointed out one that had been washed up at some point during the lesson. Reassuring, she was. Not!

The rain eventually stopped and we went for a stroll along a walk you can do that takes you to Coogee Beach, with great views of the city, apparently. But it was late in the day and we were a little tired from trying to surf away from the jellyfish and sharks all morning!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Golden sand and blue waterGolden sand and blue water
Golden sand and blue water

It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be...
Bondi BeachBondi Beach
Bondi Beach

In the sun!!!
Some surfersSome surfers
Some surfers

Ricky wouldn't let me get a pic with him in a wetsuit.....shame!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb