New Zealand to Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Manly
December 5th 2018
Published: December 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

SC writes: Our last day in Christchurch was, unsurprisingly, damp. We went back to the museum to finish it of and toured the samll trams network, riding the vintage trams. All good fun. The last tram we rode was originally from Sydney, and somewhet ironically it contained two nice vintage adverts for the delights of Manly - our next destination of course. (See pix)

Our Emirates flight to Sydney was fine. An A380 full of Chinease and Korean tourists, but lots of leg room and enough time to watch one movie on the gigantic seatback screens. We arrrived early, wizzed through immigration and customs in record time (depite having to declare various bit of wood - souvenirs) and therefore had time to make our way over to the express pick up area where Nik duly collected us. It made pleasant change to arrive in Sydney without felling like a zombie because of jet lag...

Solli was very exited about our arrival but has already settled down into the new reality of us being here. She did not bat an eyelid yesterday when I went to collect her from school on my own (freeing up Cathy & Nik to do
The trip to Many never loses its charmThe trip to Many never loses its charmThe trip to Many never loses its charm

Vintage advert on a 1930's Sydney tram...how appropriate!
some of the gardening - see below!).

We planned a couple of days of downtime to regroup, but of course we got involved in other things. Cathy has already worked with Nik to creat a new flower bed (not too hot yet for this sort of work). For my part I have repaired THREE kitchen cupboards, and a towel rail, as well as installing a new chandelier light fitting in the hall, which looks very good. Oh yes, I had to wrangle a Chrstmas tree too. Yes it does feel odd decorating the Christmas tree while it is sunny outside.

There are more DIY jobs, and more gardening in propsect, but I'm now preparing for my solo trip to Western Australia, which starts early on Sunday 9th Dec.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Manly ferry advertManly ferry advert
Manly ferry advert

I swear the boats are the same as in the old ad!
Steve wrangling Xmas treeSteve wrangling Xmas tree
Steve wrangling Xmas tree

It is now installed and fully decorated.


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb