If Only We Had More Time (One Day!)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gol Gol
March 23rd 2014
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Anymore relaxed and would be asleepAnymore relaxed and would be asleepAnymore relaxed and would be asleep

Great view of the river and lunch was very nice.
Geo: -34.1806, 142.227

What a relaxing day, breakfast at 0930 and then visited the Tourist centre were we found out the whole area is quarinteened and no fruit or vegies can leave with us unless we are going back to Victoria.

A Houseboat had bought in fruit fly to the area, which was a bugger because the Market we went to later had a heap of fresh produce to sell and all we could buy was what we could eat today, 1 peach and one nectarine.

The Market was huge taking up both sides of Langtree Avenue and had a really good mix of things, at reasonable prices. The best buy was a stunning vase which was $20 reduced by half, he blew the glass and his wife invented the design's, they had hand bags made out of glass as vases which were beautiful, I also bought a watch, Mick bought a book, Australia goes to War and we bought a few other odds and ends.

We then had lunch at the Dockside cafe which had some big houseboats moored across from it and we watched a couple take a lesson on one of the boats, it then disappeared down the river.

The DocklandsThe DocklandsThe Docklands

And not a pier in sight!
Would love to take one of them to Swan Hill but Mick was not keen on leaving the caravan and ute in Mildura and reminded me we only have a week away. So that little adventure will have to wait for another time.

Tomorrow we set off for Robinvale, have a look around and then make our way to Swan Hill which I used to do monthly shopping in, when we lived in Nandaly 38 years ago. I have not seen it since so expecting quite a change.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

LUCKY BUGGARLUCKY BUGGAR
LUCKY BUGGAR

Having a practice run,would love to have a go sometime.
House Boat on the MurrayHouse Boat on the Murray
House Boat on the Murray

Would be some adventure to hire one of these boats, I'm sure a few of us could manage it one day.
Life's HardLife's Hard
Life's Hard

But someone has to do it! Back at the Park reading and eating ice creams


23rd March 2014

Hi Anne we are having a lovely time and relaxing is going well, off to Swan Hill tomorrow. Luv u
23rd March 2014

Hi Trev and Robyn, I am looking forward to hopefully catching up on Thursday at Healsville not sure about the Camels though!
24th March 2014

Is that a lollie bag we see next to poppy :) xo
24th March 2014

No it was probably the 4th ice-cream packet!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb