The good, the bad and the red.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gol Gol
September 3rd 2011
Published: September 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

All set up - Gol GolAll set up - Gol GolAll set up - Gol Gol

This picture shows the van all set up, with the awning open for the first time. Because of limited space at home, we weren't able to try it out when it was installed.
That first step is a doosy. At our lovely camp site at Gol Gol, just over the Murray River from Mildura, the van is parked on a bit of a hill. The van itself is beautifully level, as it should be, but there is quite a large first step down to the steps at the door due to the incline of the land. As a result, I take that first step very tentatively.
The first step, I think, is a good analogy for our trip. As you are probably aware, this is our first trip out in our lovely home built van. Although very excited about it, we are still quite tentative about how everything will work, and whether it will fail us as we progress on our journey. The ongoing issues with the fridge add to these worries. Every time we think we have it resolved, the problem comes back. At the moment, we think we finally have a resolution, but will have to hang around here until Monday to make sure.
There are worse places in the world to be than Mildura. Today was a beautiful day, about twenty six degrees with a slight breeze. So what does one do in Mildura on such a lovely day? Go to a winery for a wine tasting and lunch of course. After becoming quite tipsy from what seemed like consuming a whole bottle at the tasting, Frank informed me I had consumed about one glass of wine. What a cheap drunk I am. The winery visit was topped of with a lovely cheese platter and several bottles of red to take home.
Tomorrow is another day, and so long as we can continue to go to bed happy, tomorrow has the potential to be a good day.
Must remember to use sunscreen, red doesn't suit me.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb