Sydney to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Eden
January 9th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Koala with babe Koala with babe Koala with babe

D with her beady eyes spotted these two chilling by the great ocean road
After getting back to Em and Rolfs at 5am we didnt get going till early afternoon on new years day. We didnt feel the need for a proper map and used some dodgey pamphlet instead. Well after two arguments and a long quiet period we both decided a map would be beneficial.

We were heading south east down the coast through national parks and would turn off the main road and take a dusty track through ther forests and down to the coastline.

D is the one who usually spots the wildlife but I saw Roos on a number of occasions crossing the road infront. At one point D said "how come you spot all the roos" and I said " Dionne if you take a rat and enlarge it by 20 then stick bouncey legs on it and send it across the deserted road in front of me I will not only spot it I will leave a small dent in the roof of the car!!'

We made our way down stopping in motels but one night we stayed in a B&B in the middle of nowhere. The couple who owned it entice the local wildlife on to there garden which was really amazing.

We went on past Melbourne and did the great ocean road where again we stayed in a shack (pictured) for a few nights overlooking a valley with the sea in the distance.

We are now in Melbourne and have tickets for cricket tomorrow England Aus one day, I cant decide if to go as a proud England fan and spend the day being humiliated or go as a new zealander and boast about our rugby team!

It seems the whole of the bush is on fire around us as smoke can be seen high above us, they really are struggling to keep on top of it. So not a good time to book our journey back to Sydney via train then me thinks!!

matt

Hiya

The Sapphire coast its just so so pretty. As Matt said we stayed in a BB in the middle of a national park it took us about 15min to get to the BB along very bumpy roads but it was worth it. The BB was also next to a lagoon. We took a kayak out onto the lagoon which was just so magical. We made our way to the sea and saw sea eagles up close, flying littel fish jumping very big fish and a king fisher that caught a fish right in front of us and we watched him eat it. We left the kayaks and took a walk along the beach, no one was on it we had it all to ourselfs. We had our way back and had our meal overlooking the lagoon whilst watching the roos eating the food next to us also the king parrots came down to feed but the most amazing was feeding the possum he was just so beautiful he just hung from the tree eating away amazing. The owners of the BB also run a animal rescue at the house they are amazing people they are in there 70's, they even rescued a albatross once.

As Matt said whilst we were driving along the great ocean road a saw a Koala it was just amazing I could not believe it seeing one in the wild is just amazing and with her baby just brilliant. I am sure I will bore you all so so much about it when we get home.

We then left the blue skies of the great ocean road and made our way to a rain forest and a tree top walk. Well it did exactly what it says on the tin it rained and it poured and to top it all we are in the middle of a rain forest on a metal walk way at the top of the tress and it begins to thunder yep we do do the most stupid things sometimes!!!!! It was worth it.

Sorry a bit short better go would like to see a bit more of Melbourne before it gets to hot will be speinding the afternoon by the pool just thought I would rub it in a bit more te he he!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



11th January 2007

At last, more blog to read !!!
It was getting too bad. Jen and I were taking to sitting in the corner rocking whislt waiting for the e-mail to come in to tell us of another blog update. :D But seriously, I can't tell you how much we enjoy reading the blogs. Kind of makes us feel as though we are there with you. OK, well maybe not quite. All I have to do is take a look out the window at the rain pissing it down over the Madejski to make me realise I definitely AM NOT out there with you ! It all sounds amazing and magical at times, and we both are really pleased you got the chance to experience it all. I know Jen has said already, but do try to check the Casino in Melbourne and the flames from the towers outside the front. Brighton Beach is really lovely, but but some suntan on, unless you want to end up looking all Phil Mitchell like I ended up after only 20 mins in the water. My usual rule of, "F**k it, it be reet", didn't work that time ! Take care, and keep on blogging ! It's not like you're on bloody holiday, you know !
28th January 2007

Hurry Home!!!
Hiya, Well, I have to say I will be disappointed when you are home and I can't read all your bloggs! Looking forward to Matt's slide show though!! I keep looking over the fence into your garden and the magnolia is coming out to welcome you home! I am the size of a small wedding marquee! But all is good. Looking forward to lots of cups of tea with Dee on your return. Let Pete know flight details asap. See you soon.... Fatty Hattie!! xxx

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb