Melbourne and blue mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
January 18th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we have been deciding on arrival how long we want to stay as nothing is pre booked. Melbourne looked nice and after a couple of weeks out in the sticks with thousands of Aussie nuckle draggers we needed a bit of city life.

We stayed in a nice hotel and recharged the batteries. Our last day was to be at the MCG for the one day England v Aus. Neither of us had been to a cricket match before and didnt know what to expect. How long a one dayer takes or even how the game is planned.

We arrived at 1 for a 2:15 start and found ourselves surrounded by thousands of Aussie nuckle draggers except for Cleggy, a guy four rows down with an England flag and Cleggy written on his back.
As the game got going we would cheer on England politely while Cleggy was giving it large and dancing about.

Well once the inevitable occoured and England were doomed Cleggy had had enough and stood up to walk out, well every Aussie about just ripped into him (in good spirits) as he left.

So D and I had thought we may leave
MelbourneMelbourneMelbourne

no its not Pisa!
soon as it was about 8 by then were somehow welded to our seats just praying the bloody game would end.

That said it was a fantastic day although it lasted 10 hours!! Well done Dionne I say!

The next morning we arrived at the railway station with our reserved tickets to board the Sydney bound train. An announcement came over the tannoy " the Sydney train will now be leaving from bay 55 of the bus terminal".

The train was cancelled due to bush fires and we had to endure a kid from hell behind us for 10 hours by bus for about 200 quid. We could have flown for half the price choosing the train as an experience. As it happens the train is so slow that the bus beat the arrival time.

The following day we ventured inland from Sydney up to the Blue mountains where we did a little trekking and stayed in an art decco 30s hotel overlooking the Megalong valley.

We fly out tonight (Thurs ) for Bangkok and hopefully Cambodia and will report back when possible.

M

Hiya

Hope you are all well. I hear that you are having a very wet month, I do hate to rub it in (not) but it is lovely here we have blue skies, it is sometimes a bit to hot but great for taking a dip in the sea te he he!!! I hope it gets better soon as we are home in three weeks time. It is going to be so hard as we have had good weather for the last 3 months, I bet you all feel so sorry for me!!!!!!!!!!

Well as Matt has said (sorry if I repeat) We had a great time in Melbourne a brilliant city. We went and watched the one day cricket england v oz I still can not believe that I sat for 10 hours and watched the cricket, I do like cricket but 10 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did enjoy it, just a tad to long. Pete I have got lots of questions for you when we get home, was not sure on all the rules.

We went to the blue mountains for a couple of days. I have always wanted to see the blue haze over the mountains which is how they get there name, I was
the three sistersthe three sistersthe three sisters

dont fancy yours much!!
not disappointed yes you have guessed it awesome te he. We went for a couple of walks which we enjoyed the views amazing it is a bit like the Grand Canyon with Gum tress.

Sorry this is very short blog from me we have to go to the airport. We are sorry that we have not replied to people that have sent us messages on the blog we have only just found them Doh!!!!!!!! We will get back to you when in Bangkok.

Take care see you all in three weeks time.

Love Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx











Advertisement



18th January 2007

Good to hear from you ...
.... cannot believe your time in Oz has gone already but you will love Hong Kong - not that I've been there, of course, but hear it is a great place to experience- ! Loved your account re the cricket, Matt and yes, well done Dionne for enduring 10 hours - or were the cricketers rather too handsome ... ?!?! (I'm only jealous!) Glad you have found our comments and hope you enjoy them - mine, I am afraid are a little on the boring side but wanted to let you know that I was (a) thinking of you both and (b) really interested in your adventures. Take it easy and enjoy and I look forward to the next BLOG! With love from us all xxx
8th February 2007

back already
You have only come back so soon because Reading are doing so well and Dee has got to go back to work, or is it because your camera memory is full? I will pick you both up at the Stanwell roundabout......that's closest to Shepperton, I think!!!!!!!!! WELCOME HOME xxxxx

Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb