Booking what Booking!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
August 9th 2016
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -30.2823, 153.129

I was up early to catch the Metro Link to the airport to pick up the mini bus and return to the hotel to pick everyone up and, thank goodness for sat nav even if the map was out of date. Once everyone and our luggage was on board we prepared to set off, both Michelle and I both wanted to do the iconic drive across Sydney Harbour Bridge in the end I gave in Michelle drove. As we approached the bridge it was chaos and try as we might we couldn't get in the right lane for the bridge and ended up having to use the tunnel instead!

On route to Coffs harbour we stopped for lunch at Shelly Beach Port Macquarie which was supposed to have a number of wood carvings but there weren't many there at all. After lunch we made our way back to the car when we heard the unmistakable laughing sound of the
Kookaburra, which Linda spotted in a nearby tree it then fly to a post in front of us allowing us to see and photograph it close up, that's another tick of the list of things the kids wanted to see.

Having left the beach we continued our journey after a little while we spotted a fantastic road train pulling in to a rest stop and Michelle wanted to pull in as well so she could take some photos, when we pulled in the road train was gone it had apparently turned off but didn't pull in to the rest stop but carried on She wasn't best pleased. We turned into the lorry park to turn around and there were some great road trains in there so not to be beaten we had to stop so Michelle could look them over, she got talking to a couple of the drivers who allowed her free access to their cabs and posed for photos, now satisfied Michelle said we could move on out!

We arrived at our Villa in darkness, reception was shut the whole place looked deserted I rang the number I had for them and the owner answered, it transpired he knew nothing about the booking I gave him the details and he said he'd sort it out in the morning and proceed to give me instructions on how to find our villa and access the key from the key safe on the wall. It was pitch dark with only ground level low lighting for the numerous footpaths around the complex, after quite a few more phone calls I found the villa and we were in.

Having unpacked we decided we fancied some fish & chips so we made our way into town we really wanted somewhere we could sit down rather than a take-out but there wasn't anywhere so we opted for a very nice meal with a few beers at a Thai restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb