.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
August 10th 2016
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

View from our VillaView from our VillaView from our Villa

Perhaps not to everyone's liking but the peace and tranquillity was overpowering and the flora & fauna was fantastic
Geo: -27.4676, 153.028

When we woke up we were taken back by views from our villa over the creek, we would have loved to have spent the day on the patio watching the wildlife that abounded there but Brisbane was calling.

On the out we made a stop off to take photos of the Big Banana which is a famous tourist attraction in the city of Coffs Harbour. we were hoping to have lunch at Cape Byron Lighthouse but time was against us so we settled for having lunch on the beach which the kids enjoyed.

The journey up to Brisbane was horrendous slow going because of road works diversions which were badly signed and left us on desolate cratered roads with fuel running low ( before taking the diversion the next fuel stop was only 20Km so no problem) thankfully the sat nav eventually got us back to the motorway and we continued our journey driving gingerly to conserve fuel, after about 20 mins we passed the diversion sign where we turned off, we were devastated we'd driven for an hour to get nowhere! Relieved we finally made it to the truck stop and refilled the tank. I phoned ahead to our motel and advised them we were running late and he said not to bother he'd wait for us.

We arrived, checked in and having confirmed our arrangements for getting back in when we returned from our late night flight back from Cairns a couple of days later the owner said we could leave all our cases in the room and unless he needed it we could just pick up the key from the key safe upon our return, if he had to let the room he'd take our cases out and put them in the new room and leave all the instructions for us, magic he couldn't have been more helpful

The motel was advertised as having full cooking facilities but we soon discovered that there was only the basic microwave, toaster, and kettle I went to see the owner who was surprised as he'd removed the full cooking facilities a couple of months previously and installed a full BBQ block for all customers use and notified all the accommodation companies but it appeared they hadn't bothered to advise us of the alteration. The owner told us where the best places to eat where but we were tired so made for the nearest fast food outlet, takeaway Chinese it was before we settled down for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb