Byron Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 3rd 2016
Published: February 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

image.image.image.

View of Byron bay
Saturday the 23rd of Januari we arrived at Byron bay around 1 in the afternoon. We checked in into our hostel, and I got a room with 3 other people from surfcamp: Roos, Stephanie and Dez. Actually I met Roos and Stephanie already in the first hostel back in Sydney, so it was pretty nice to be in the same room as them. We wanted to go surfing after we checked in but they told us not go out as the waves were to big for beginners. But as we just came of the 14 hour bus ride me and dez wanted to do something, so we rented mountainbikes and explored the area of Byron bay. The lady at the reception told us about an good bike tour, along a beautiful lake and some nice beaches and it should take us about 2 hours to get back.

So we tried to follow the route that she told us. But after the first turn we got off route already so we decided to just wing it and try to find it on our own. After around 30 minutes we found one of the spots the lady told us about. It was
image.image.image.

Bike group selfie
a small sand road that went straight through a forest, it was really hard to bike on and we had to step down for a couple of times. But at the end of the road as a like, so we assumed we found the special lake. But it did not look to special, so it turned out we where just on the beach and the "lake" we found was created by high tie. After that we biked on the beach for quiet some time. That was an awesome experience to ride a bike on the beach and ride through the see. Unfortunately my go pro stopped working, so we do not have any pictures of it😞

After riding for about 20 minutes riding on the beach we decided to ask somebody about the special lake. it turned out that we where only 5 minutes away from the lake, called the tea tree lake. So we followed the directions and finally found it. It was a beautiful lake with dark brown water and if you where in it, your hands looked almost red. We stayed there for a little while. After the tea tree lake we went to the light house of Byron bay. which was pretty far away and the way up was pretty hard, as the road was very steep and actually ment for cars. But we got up there and saw an amazing view of Byron bay and on the other side the sea. It was getting dark already, and we saw a storm coming from over the sea so we went back to the hostel. The way down was very nice, as we went probably around 50 km/h it was a really dangerous but very awesome experience.

The days that followed we just relaxed at the beach and after 2 days we went surfing as well. We ended up staying in Byron Bay for 7 days with Roos, Stephanie, Dez and Sanne. Sanne was also from surfcamp but did not book the 7 day trip so she joined us later in the week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.7kb