Byron Bay (2)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 3rd 2016
Published: February 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

After spending a few days in Bryon Bay Stephanie and Roos decided to rent a car on the 26th of January and explore some more of the places close to Byron bay. She asked me and Dez (Dezsoe) to come along. So the 4 of us went on a little road trip, before we went we asked around and looked on the internet what we could do/see. Some people told us about the minyon falls and some very nice beaches close to Byron bay. Also there was a little town called nimbin close by, that was supposed to be a hippy town. So we started driving to Minyon falls, as Stephanie rented the car she was the only one allowed to drive. In the beginning it was a little strange, as she had to drive on the other side of the road and driving an automatic. But after a while it went very good.

The Minyon falls where about an hour away from Byron Bay, but as we got a Toyota yaris and the roads where not that good (sand and grid) our trip took a little longer.
Once we got there we had this amazing few of the waterfall that was over 100 meter high. But we wanted to go to the base of the waterfall as well. But signs indicated that I t would take around 2 hours to get down, and then 2 hours to get back up. As we had more things on our list we did not want to do it. Luckily we ran into somebody that worked around the falls, and told us that we could drive a little bit back, and take another route down that would only take 1 hour down and 1 hour backup. So we took that route down, so happy we did do this because it was really amazing rainforest that looked it came straight out of a movie. I think the pictures will say more than I can type about it, the only thing that the pictures do not show is the sound that the bugs make. Sometimes we really needed to close our ears because it was so loud.

In the end it look a little bit more then 2 hours but it was very worth it. After Minyon falls we went to Nimbin, a little town that was know for its hippy and weed smoking people. But it was not really that special or nice to be there, so we did not stay to long There as we still had some beaches to see.

Some local people told us about a beach that was close to kingsbeach (gay beach) nearby. They told us it was a private beach and that only the locals knew about it. So we tried to find it, but where not able to do it ourselves. We asked around and after about an hour we finally found it. Was really amazing to see, no body on the beach with these amazing rocks very nice bay.
It was a very long and tiring day. But it was totally worth it. Saw some amazing stuff.

The other days in Byron bay we went to the beach and surfing a bit, but nothing really special. In between we changed hostels, as our first hostel was fully booked so we could not stay any longer.

Me, Sanne, Dez decided to go travel the east coast together and booked a lot of stuff with a travel agency. I write about all the stuff we are going to do, as I don't know what everything is my self now. Roos and Stephanie are going to New Zealand so we had to split after the week in Byron Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb