The rest of Byron bay, and surf camp.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
July 30th 2008
Published: July 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My next few days in Byron Bay passed quite uneventfully, mainly due to the constant, torrential rain which pretty much stopped us from venturing out of doors for anything but neccessary trips! You would step outside and be drenched within 30 seconds, even an umbrella helped very little because it was that annoying sideways rain that gets you no matter what! We spent a lot of time in our dorm room, chatting, playing cards, jsut basically wasting the days away, then ventured out each night to the club which was thankfully just across the road, and therefore just about accessible without getting a free shower! On the last day in Byron bay, fed up of having nothing to do, the 4 of us girls rented 2 really girly films and all clambered into bed together to watch them- about the most eventful thing that happened all day! We even ventured down to the beach, becuase we thought we really should see it at least once- needless to say we were drenched, though have some amusing photos of us in our raincoats and umbrellas by a very very stormy sea!

On Saturday we headed out of Byron Bay to surf camp for an overnight stop. Slight problem was that i couldnt surf. I decided to give it a try, despite my foot, but when i couldnt even get the wetsuit over my foot without it hurting i decided that actually going on a surf board was probably a very stupid idea, so i just went down to the beach with the others and watched them. I did get to dip my feet in the sea which was quite nice, but even doing that hurt my toe because the current in the sea is really, really strong!
It was absolutely freezing that night, so we all gathered round the camp fire after dinner to warm up a bit- i even managed to persuade the camp dog that he wanted to come and sit on my lap and keep me warm, which he happily did as i gave him lots of attention!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb