nimbin!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Nimbin
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was a very unique day, as we hopped on a bus and headed to visit the town of Nimbin. The pictures probably give a better explanation than i ever could, but its basically just a hippie town where you can't walk ten metres down the street without smelling pot/ being offered pot/ being offered "special" cookies. Some of the signs (and people for that matter) provided us with much amusement- my favourite being "bringabong" instead of "billabong".
The drug use there is so blatant that the police kind of leave everyone alone and turn a blind eye to people lighting up in the middle of the street. Apparently they even have an anual joint rolling fesival, and on mardi-gras parade through the streets with giant joint floats and things... i can easily say it was one of the weirdest places i have ever been, truly looked like something out of a film or book of crazy photos.
After wandering around the town and takign in the sights (and smells) we were back on the bus to go visit a waterfall... unfortunately it was pouring with rain but this didn't stop us and we all went on a mini rainforest trek up to a waterfall which was pretty, but not really worth the damp walk! Definitely something that would be more appreciated on a hot day than in torrential rain.
That evenign was pretty much more of the same, some drinking games in the room and then on to cheeky monkeys- i have a feeling this might be turning into some kind of a pattern now...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb