The rest of surfers, and byron bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
July 23rd 2008
Published: July 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On Sunday after our very large meal at the hard rock cafe we weren't really feeling up to anything exciting, so spent the rest of the bay wandering round town and lazing on the beach. That evening we decided to do the sensible thing and stayed in- rented a film from reception and watched it in the movie bus- an old schoolbus type thing parked in the middle of the hostel and tripped out with pink leopard-skin seats and a big t.v. The four of us girls all brought our duvets and pillows in there and went for a bit of a pyjama party while eating our way through an entire tub of ice-cream and watching the pursuit of happyness.

Monday morning we were up relatively early to catch the bus to dreamworld- a huge theme park about 45 minutes out of town. We spent a really fun day there- riding all the big rides, though i was nearly deafened by kristie's screaming and hurt my throat doing a fair bit of screaming myself. Had a lot of fun messing around on a ride called vortex which spins so fast you are pinned to the wall and can climb up it... we were all doubled up in laughter for about 10 minutes after it. Also got to see a few animals including a white tiger and teeny tiny baby tigers- small and fluffy and therefore very exciting!
Me and Siobhan then hopped on a greyhound and headed to byron bay as we wanted an extra day there and there was no oz bus that day- we slightly regretted it afterwards though as Siobhan's friends who we were supposed to be meeting werent there, and we spent a good deal of the night wishing we had stayed in surfers paradise for another fun night out. It wasn't all bad though- we were in bed by 11 and got in a good 10 hours sleep, which was probably much needed.
The next day we went and explored byron bay, and in the afternoon went to see the batman film which i enjoyed a surprising amount. The other 2 girls arrived that night and we headed to cheeky monkeys- pretty much the only club around, and right opposite our hostel- for a few drinks and dancing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb