End of Aus


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our first night in sydney was an absolutely amazing night, with our bus driver bernie who proceeded to get very drunk and buy us all drinks, dance with us, jump on us etc etc. Lots of cheesy music and arm linking to songs such as "wonderwall" which was kinda sad, bringing an end to our trip, but we had a really fun night in all.
The next day we got a bus pass and did the sights of sydney. The opera house was the main one we wanted to see, and it was pretty surreal to be standing there touching the sydney opera house, a sight which always seemed so foreign to me! Many cheesily posed pictures later we went to sydney harbour for lunch, but by the tiem we got out it was pouring with rain, and we spent the rest of the bus journey back staring and fogged up rainy windows rather than seeing sydney. We had a quieter night that evening, wandering round kings cross where we were staying (the area known for sex shops and prostitution, but is actually quite nice) and got a take away, sat and chilled in our room.
Next day and off to bondi beach - started raining prety much as soon as we got there, but we got soem photos and left pretty quickly to make it back for batman at the imax cinema which was really good but a slight rip off!
That night we all donned our "slap the goon" t-shirts, had another goon drinking games session and headed off to the world bar, a nice club where your drinks are served from tea-pots. On the way we even got to clamber into a fire truck and take pictures, somthing which seemed extremely exciting at the time!
Late to bed, up early for last few hours in sydney where i had to get my last rabies jab which bruised like mad (still bruised a week later) and then head off for my flight which was delayed by 3 hours- thank god i had siobhan at the airport who's flight was delayed by hours, as there was nothing there to keep us entertained!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb