Camping


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Albury
November 2nd 2011
Published: November 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arrived on Wednesday night and got a lovely welcome from not only Linda and John but also their families who had prepared a BBQ. On Thursday morning we went to a place called Wodonga where we set up for the camping. Per and John went tubing down the river and fishing however they didn’t catch anything. Friday we decided to do a walk, climb one of the mountains in the area called Bogong. 8 km with a 1500meter ascent. It took us 7.5 hours to go up and down and I probably used 50% of my energy looking for snakes. I did see one little tinny snake, according to Per it was a worm. Anyway we were very tried that evening.

Saturday we chilled out had a sleep in and then we went to Gapstead Winery where we tried a few different wines and had lunch looking out over the grape plantation. After we went to Beechworth for coffee and cake. Linda and John told us the story about Ned Kelly who was a well-known bushranger from Beechworth. In the evening we had a BBQ. Sunday we packed everything up and went back to Albury.

On Melbourne cup day we went to Albury race track and saw a few races. It was my first time watching a horse race and it was fun however we didn’t win anything. Then we finished off at Linda and John’s local pub. A lovely day out.



Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb