Goodbye Aussie


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
November 4th 2011
Published: November 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Left Albury on Wednesday morning heading for Melbourne. John drove down and our first stop was Glenrowan. We looked at the place where Ned Kelly was captured and then we had a bit of lunch then continued down to Melbourne.

Melbourne is a nice city reminds me a bit about Gothenburg with Bourke Street , their main street, leading up to the Parliament house. It looks a bit of Avenyn leading to Poseidon. But then of course they have trams so feels a bit like home. On Wednesday afternoon we went for a stroll down to Federation Square and along Yarra River to the Crown which is a casino. In the evening we started off with German beer at John’s favourite place and then Chinese dinner.

On Thursday we continued on our theme for this week, Ned Kelly. We walked to State Library of Victoria where they have Ned Kelly’s armoury. Now let’s see if I can get this right, John. John’s granddad’s uncle was an apprentice at the blacksmith who made the armour for Ned Kelly and his gang.

After that we went to Hardware lane and looked for hiking gear for Per and I and we also found a nice roof garden where we had a coffee. We took the tram to St Kilda Beach where we had lunch, fish and chips on the beach. In the evening we started with a couple of beers at the German place then we walked up to Lygon Street where we meet up with a friend of Linda and John and we had an Italian dinner. If you ever go to Melbourne you have to go to Lygon Street for dinner plenty of restaurants and such a nice atmosphere. After dinner we continued and had a great evening out visiting more or less every bar/pub on our way back to the hotel.

Sorry for not adding any photos but we have a few technical problems.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb