Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Airport
October 26th 2011
Published: October 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arrived on Saturday evening in Sydney we went for a walk to Darling Harbour and had supper. Sunday was a busy day, first we did the Bridge climb which included climbing to the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge. It was a nice experience and we had great views over Sydney and the harbour. Unfortunately you are not allowed to bring your camera so we don’t have any photos. Anyway after the climb we went out to Kirawee where Per’s mum’s cousin live and we had a lovely dinner. It was so nice to meet the whole family and George (Per’s granddads brother). Nino and Glen – thank you for a great dinner.
Now just to point out we had two bonus days Sunday and Monday it was warm (27 degrees C) and sunny. So on Monday we took the ferry out to Manly beach. It was a lot of people I would have called it packed but I don’t think people in Sydney would agree with me. It was nice and in the evening I met up with Verity who I worked with five years ago at Abingdon House School. Verity took us to a restaurant by Bondi beach.
Yesterday (Tuesday) we went for a walk up Oxford Street to Paddington where we had coffee and planned our time in New Zealand. Then we took a bus to Bronte beach and walked from Bronte to Bondi (in the rain).
I am now sitting at the airport and we are flying to Albury in half an hour. I know that I haven’t been very good at publishing things on the blog but it is because it is so expensive with internet here…
Anyway we hope you are all well back home.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb