Port Douglas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Port Douglas
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post


Sunday we headed up to Port Douglas we were very excited as we had booked a few tours and planning to go out to the Great Barrier Reef. We started on Sunday afternoon to walk the 4 miles long beach into Port Douglas so nice it was warm and the water was lovely. Monday we went on a tour to the rainforest and finishing of at cape tribulation. Captain James Cook “discovered” (as the first white man) Cape tribulation when he hit the reef with his ship and then had to stay in the area for some time in order to restore his ship. Interesting it was a nice beach however there were warning signs to watch out for the crocodiles.

Tuesday – another tour and it was raining, not London drizzles, pouring down! We went on a train to a small town called Koruda the railway was built a long time ago. Anyway it was the start of our tour and after that we went on a skyrail that went over the rainforest so we got a good look of the rainforest from above. After lunch we went to a crocodile farm where we saw when they were feeding the crocs and an attack show, Per also watched a snake show which was apparently good. Crocs are interesting animal they can hold their breath under water for up to 7 hours.

For the rest of that week it RAINED. And we just chilled out. Believe it or not but during the week we were there the Cairnes area got ten times as much rain they usually have in the whole October. I counted the number of days it had been raining of the days of our travels. We had been out for 17 days and it had been raining for 10 of those days. I give up, any day with sunshine is a bonus.
Anyway we finally got out to the Great Barrier Reef last day (Friday) the weather was a bit better it was a great experience. It was as the Philippines but just more fish. The boat ride out there was quite hard and a few people got seasick. We stopped at three different places and snorkelled for about an hour. I think that if the weather would have been perfect it would have been even better. Anyway I enjoyed it and at the end of the last stop we had dolphins around out boat. Brilliant!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb