Australia


Advertisement
Published: October 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As we got two extra days in Australia we decided to go down to Canberra and visit Tim and Alison and their son Toby. We met Mr and Mrs Aust in London through ice-hockey, and we haven’t seen them for 6 years. We started our stay in Australia by losing Per’s wallet… and it is still lost . Anyway we drove straight down from Sydney to Canberra and arrived just after lunch time and had a great lunch. After a shower and washing some cloths we went out for dinner at a sailing club. We had dinner looking out over one of Canberra’s man-made lakes. I have always wondered why Canberra is the capital of Australia and not Sydney or Melbourne. Alison explained that in the 1920s Canberra became Australia’s capital city and the reason for that was because they couldn’t agree if Sydney or Melbourne was going to be the capital so they built a city in between. On Saturday we went to nature reserve to look at some animals. The weather was great and we saw Kangaroos, Koala bears, Emus and of course some lizard sand pelicans. In the afternoon we went for a drive through Canberra city and it’s a well-planned and organised city. In the evening we had a BBQ and tried kangaroo sausages. I only had a small piece and I don’t recommend it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

IMGA0900IMGA0900
IMGA0900

Vicke, you can almost see the Swedish flag :)


26th October 2011

Canberra
Kul att ni tog turen till Canberra. Jag var dit 1996, när jag hälsade på down under första gången. Tog tåget dit från Sydney och såg bland annat en fantastiskt fin utställning med målaren Turners verk. För två veckor sedan var det snöskottning vid stugan i Sälen. I dag blev det två mil skidåkning - i tunneln i Torsby. Jobbigt. Dåligt vallat. Men kul. Ha det gott! Hans

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb